MoFos on Roller Coasters!

Tools    

Just reading this thread, i was wondering isn't practically everyone technically afraid of heights? Outside of like daredevils i think if anyone is put into a not entirely safe situation at an extreme height they get scared. Obviously that doesn't mean you have Acrophobia which is an extreme fear of heights meaning if you are at a height (doesn't even need to be that high) with complete safety you'll be completely terrified by the experience. I'm not afraid of heights, in the sense that even at like 7 years old i had no problem jumping up and down on the Blackpool Tower glass floor because i knew i was completely safe.

I was terrified however during without a doubt the stupidest thing i've ever done. The block of flats i grew up in where about to be demolished, these -

Video of them being demolished -

While the flats had been emptied and people were working on them, me and a group of my friends figured out a way into them and up to the roof. Well me and a friend went up to the roof and we sat with our legs dangling off the building, as soon as we did both of us went into shock (we spoke about it later), neither of us could move because we had edged towards it sitting down and we didn't get to look at the height properly until our legs were actually over it. The idea of carefully swiveling our legs to the otherside while facing our back to the drop pretty much paralyzed us and we weren't able to speak to each other during it, eventually i did it and he followed suit. We never went near there again.

I was 14 and dumb but just the idea of an extreme gust of wind coming at that moment now turns my stomach.

Life would be so much better if we could all be immortal. Then I could probably ride roller coasters with less fear or maybe no fear at all. If you couldn't die and couldn't get hurt, life would be so much more wonderful. Sure, rides might be uncomfortable, but... screw it, it wouldn't kill me. Damn death. Damn death and the instinct to live.
Once i moved from those flats i moved to a 3 floor house (those flats were 23 floors not including the bottom which was the concierge station) that my parents still live in, and we had a trampoline out the back. I so wanted to jump out my room on the third floor onto that but death/injury convinced me not to the a$$hole.

Master of My Domain
Life would be so much better if we could all be immortal. Then I could probably ride roller coasters with less fear or maybe no fear at all.
But isn't fear the reason why we are thrilled by roller coasters? I'd be much more relaxed while riding one if I knew it was completely risk-free.

But isn't fear the reason why we are thrilled by roller coasters? I'd be much more relaxed while riding one if I knew it was completely risk-free.
No. Not for me anyway, and everyone i've encountered that are scared by rollercoasters tend to not go on them. It's the rush, the speed, going upside down, etc, that works for people that aren't scared by them.

I dunno. I've taken quite alot of drugs but i wouldn't compare them unless to something like Salvia. A quick euphoric buzz, and there's something amazing about watching the rollercoaster go after you've just went through it.

Hmm. I wonder if there might be a connection between drug takers and roller coaster addicts. If one group could potentially be into the other.
I don't take drugs anymore and didn't take them when i regularly went on rollercoasters; i've not been on one in about 5 years. I smoked weed until i quit as a New Years Resolution (haha) in 2012, i've taken Coke like 30 separate times spread out over 8 years or something, and about 10 times with Ecstacy and Speed over the same amount of time. Maybe they are related though, good idea.

Well, I mean, look at Yoda -- he said he's only been on tame roller coasters. So have I. Yoda's probably never had a cigarette (or at least a whole pack) in his life. Maybe he drinks something stronger than milk at times. I'm basically an angel, too. Sort of. And we don't do scary roller coasters.
I'm so gutted that my life wasn't different and it turned out i used rollercoasters to replace drugs . That's just great, might tell people that anyway.

"I was giving the 20 Pound note in Universal Studios and i looked at it barely able to control myself, but i resolved telling him "drugs aren't cool for school and that they are for fools" then i did the loop on The Hulk and realized that my life was better this way."

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I don't drink, smoke or take drugs, and I spent many years riding on roller coasters.

I have a terrible fear of heights, and I was using roller coasters to try to get over my phobia. It didn't work completely, but I'm not as bad with heights as I was when I was younger.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I'm fairly scared of heights, so I've been on very, very few roller coasters. Only one that comes to mind right now is the Racer at Kennywood, which I think is considered pretty tame by anyone who rides coasters with any regularity.
I'm terrified of heights and can't even look at photos of someone standing on the edge of a cliff without getting vertigo but doing is different to just looking for me. Coasters are fun.

I actually love the feel of the drop - where your stomach gets left behind.
What I don't like is rides that spin in a circle. I could ride roller coasters all day, but spinning makes me sick,

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I actually love the feel of the drop - where your stomach gets left behind.,
I freak out on the ascent. Descent HELLZ YEAH! Feel the fear and do it anyway. Bloody marvellous.

See, I would rather spin in a circle. That's actually a ride I will go on. Like the UFO thing you might see at a fair -- where you're stuck up against a wall and you spin around and around. That is my kind of ride. At least it used to be.
Guess it all depends on what kind of ride makes you nauseous.

I don't have a huge experience with rollercoasters, but I've been to Gardaland in Italy two times. And altough I generally enjoy riding them , there's always a fear of my seatbelt coming off that makes me slightly anxious.

Either way Raptor and Blue Tornado were my favourite ones.

Sequia Adventura was the only one I didn't go to, because hanging upside -down for an extended period of time creeped me out.

See, I would rather spin in a circle. That's actually a ride I will go on.
I've got something you can sit and spin on.