Best Performance of 2016 so far.

Tools    

This might just do nobody any good.
Harvey Scrimshaw who played Caleb in The Witch for supporting. One the most mesmerizing performances from an actor his age ever.

But Not Slight of Mind or Tongue...
For me, it would be Sally Field in Hello, My Name is Doris in a perfect comic yet touching performance in a role I can't imagine anyone else doing as well.

From what I've seen so far Stephen Lang from Don't Breathe is pretty d*mn impressive.

Harvey Scrimshaw who played Caleb in The Witch for supporting. One the most mesmerizing performances from an actor his age ever.
I agree wholeheartedly with that – I thought he was the best actor in the film. He was always believable and

WARNING: spoilers below
I particularly liked how, in the possession scene, it was very clear that it wasn't Caleb speaking the words, but a devious, evil spirit. To me, that shows some proper skill. You also really feel his terror as he approaches the Witch's hovel.

Make a better place
So far it's Kate Winslet to me in The Dressmaker
I think Tom Hanks did a great work too in Suly

Some of my favorite, thus far, in no particular order, really...

Viggo Mortensen in Captain Fantastic
Jake Gyllenaahl in Demolition
Jesse Eisenberg in Louder Than Bombs
Kate Beckinsale in Love & Friendship
Sally Field in Hello My Name is Doris
Kelly Thornton in Sing Street
Ryan Gosling in The Nice Guys
Alden Ehrenreich in Hail, Caesar!
Ralph Finnes in A Bigger Splash
Gillian Jacobs in Don't Think Twice
Chris Pine in Hell or High Water
Neel Sethi in The Jungle Book
Julian Dennison in Hunt for the Wilderpeople
Markees Christmas in Morris from America

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Might be Ben Foster in Hell Or High Water for me. Gosling close on his heels in The Nice Guys. It's a good year for crime films so far because I also loved The Informant. Still have a Lehane adaptation coming too.

My pick would be John Goodman in 10 Cloverfield Lane, never thought he'd be able to scare the piss our of me.
John Goodman can do anything onscreen, one of the most versatile actors in the business.

BEST ACTOR
Jesuthasan Antonythasan -Dheepan *
Jake Gyllenhaal -Demolition
Ryan Gosling -The Nice Guys
Andre Royo -Hunter Gatherer
Paul Dano -Swiss Army Man

BEST ACTRESS
Krisha Fairchild -Krisha *
Kalieaswari Srinivasan -Dheepan
Jenjira Pongpas -Cemetery of Splendour
Narges Rashidi -Under the Shadow
Kate Beckinsale -Love & Friendship

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR
Jim Cummings -Thunder Road *
Alden Ehrenrich -Hail, Caesar!
Tom Bennett -Love & Friendship
Simon Shwarz -Everything Will Be Okay
Danny DeVito -Wiener-Dog

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Jarinpattra Rueangram -Cemetery of Splendour *
Kristen Stewart -Cafe Society
Cate Blanchett -Knight of Cups
Gillian Jacobs -Don't Think Twice
Claudine Vinasithamby -Dheepan

John Goodman can do anything onscreen, one of the most versatile actors in the business.
Really? I love Goodman as much as the next guy but i wouldn't call him versatile myself, at least not one of the most versatile. Who knows maybe i've not seen enough of his movies.

Edit: And to answer the thread, i can't answer it yet haha. I've seen basically nothing this year, need to catch up soon. From the little i've seen Everybody Wants Some is my favourite, i thought the cast was solid all round but i don't think anyone was standout enough to include in the best of the year. Not until i've seen more movies at least.

Sally Field- Hello, My Name is Doris