SUPER BOWL 50 !!!!!

Tools    

Oh, please.

Not that I'd mind... but oh, please. It won't happen.
Why Not??? Football is a man sport with contact why not put one of the greatest band of all-time to rock the house for once... who cares about mommy and kids? I want good music godd*mit

So glad Manning got his second ring. Really surprised i thought they had no chance, goes to show anything can happen especially with it being one game. Unlucky to the Panthers i suspect they'll be great again next year, the Broncos defence just completely denied Newton room to breathe.

I've got to say, Cam and the Panthers sure didn't show much. At least they have a young, strong nucleus that will have more chances. Well done Denver; their road to the championship wasn't easy.

Yeah, most people really underestimated Denver's D this week. They have been a machine all year. The pass rush is as good as any I remember.

I was off by one point! It was an ok game, but thats the best you can get when the games so defensively driven. Denver had Cam Newton running around like a fart in a fan factory. Hopefully this wont be his last trip to the big show. The halftime show was watchable. Its been awhile since thats been the case.

Now I am ready for some baseball!!!!

12 total sacks; I wonder if that's a Super Bowl record.
It was a record at 11 in that game. Now it's even more of a record

Didn't expect Broncos to win and with that much damn. But it's not like they didn't deserve it, how the game played out.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
I had to quit watching in the 3rd quarter. As much as I tried, it was just too hard to watch.

I would have never thought that Denver D would eat their lunch like that. I think they left em' the slice of humble pie.

Whats funny is everyone on espn said how badly Panthers would win and Cam had arrived and was a bad man. He prooved that Russell Wilson can stand pressure better in the big games.

I have always loved defensive game wins - harking back to the Steel Curtain it is exciting to watch for me. Might be because in every sport I played in (except bowling) I played defense. Either way congrats to the Broncos and to Manning.

On a side note I wonder how much he got paid every time he said he would be drinking Bud?

Well, I'm certainly happy to be wrong! Here's how I put it the other day:

Don't really feel too confident about anything related to this game. A Bronco win wouldn't be totally shocking if the defense just comes out and plays ferociously. A Panther blowout wouldn't shock me either.

I tend to think if the Broncos win, it'll be because the defense got some big turnovers (maybe even a score), and that Denver ends up with one great receiver too many for Carolina to cover (probably Sanders).
So, definitely wrong about the outcome, but I guess this is fairly accurate in the "if an upset happens, here's how it would" sense. Sanders didn't put up massive numbers, but he was wide open a lot, and the Broncos did indeed get that big turnover + score.

My main reason for thinking the Broncos might not win is that I wasn't convinced their offense would do much. Combine that with Newton's mobility, and I figured even constant pressure would allow him to make a few big plays. So even a tremendous game from the Denver defense might not be enough: they'd have to hold Carolina to something like 13-17 points. Which they did.

What really stood out to me were the fumbles. Not just the official ones, but all the ones that happened just as the play ended, or right after. There were, what, another 3-4 times where that happened, but the runner was ruled down just before? It seemed constant. Felt like every few plays the Broncos were knocking the ball loose. I've seen pressure from great defenses, but I can't remember the last time I saw a defense pry the ball free that often.

Huge congratulations to the Broncos and to Peyton Manning. It's kind of funny that he ran so many great offenses with mediocre defenses that didn't do much in the playoffs, and he gets his second Super Bowl on a mediocre offense with a great defense.

Both teams can feel good about their chances going forward, too. The Panthers have a bright future, and the Broncos seem like they've got the personnel to compete for at least the next couple of years even if Manning calls it quits, and even if the defense comes down to earth a little.