Signs of a bad movie

Tools    

Any movie with a monster that looks like it came from the same gene pool as alien.

Any movie that goes straight to video

Any movie that you have rented that has crappy previews of other movies.

Lets put a smile on that block
I dissagree wth some...
Originally Posted by Nitzer
-Out of date attire and interpretation of what the surrounding Earth is like.
This can be fun in some movies...maybe only when they do it as a joke though, like Austin Powers - Goldmember. But then again it can still be pretty Retro-cool in some movies, like Saturday Night Fever. As for the whole "out of date interpretation of what the surrounding Earth is like", i cant think of a film that has this in it.
-Disney
Very Very wrong. There are at LEAST two Disney films in my top favourite movies of all time. Lion King and Beauty and the Beast. I think most peoaple will say they enjoy either of these two films...well most poeple i know....which isnt a lot....MOVING ON!
-If I haven't already seen what it is, it probably stinks.
Hmmmm.......(I think your joking here so ill let that one pass...)
-no nudity
(Same as Above)
-Lousy musical loops
I'll have to agree with the whole Jaws music score.
-Overused sound effects (Knife sound from CS? What the ****..)
Now this works very well in Kill Bill. When The Bride has the fight with....the women at the beginning (Can't remeber character name), the swishing of their Knives works very well.
-Stereotypes
This can sometimes be used brilliantly in comedies.
-Inaccurate martial arts (Crouching Tiger; Hidden Dragon)
But unless your an expert on Martial Arts your never gonna notice if their that acurate...well i don't anyway. i thought the martial arts in Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon were superb.
- Any movie that starts out with "Once upon a time"
Nope. Beauty and the beast? Superb Film.
- Little Kids as Main Characters
Sixth Sense?
-Movies based on comics
This has already been adressed i believe.

As for the other ones i havnt mentioned i totally agree with them....especially the britney Spears and rapper thing.

I can only think of one tell tale sign of a bad movie....

Jean Claude Van Damne

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
-White people pretending to be black

YO! Why you gotta be hatin'!

Lets add all the movies the Freddie Prinze jr made, and all the other teensplotation movies from the late 90's (Shes all that, Ten things I hate about you). And we can add every Indian movie i have ever seen. A cheesy love story with lots of out of place musical numbers (Asoka, Monsoon Wedding)

As for the comic book bashers, Clerks was based off of a comic, so let it go.

Kaiser "The Devil" Soze
Originally Posted by Joe Popular
Lets add all the movies the Freddie Prinze jr made, and all the other teensplotation movies from the late 90's (Shes all that, Ten things I hate about you). And we can add every Indian movie i have ever seen. A cheesy love story with lots of out of place musical numbers (Asoka, Monsoon Wedding)

As for the comic book bashers, Clerks was based off of a comic, so let it go.

Althought I agree with you on your comment about Indian movies (probably a bad move), it may be because of cultural reasons... and when you get down to it, Indians probably like their film to develop that way. For example, being a chinese person I can tell you that the hong kong film industry makes a lot of horror and action movies... in fact we make as many horror movies as hollywood makes dramas and war movies (at present). So Although guys like us would say, "oh yeah its a sign of a bad movie, I wouldn't watch that" . If the Indian population was on here... they would outnumber us by far haha.

Just replying to the sequals gone to far. What happened with the Scary Movies??? Ok the first one was funny, the second was boring, now there making a third. I thought the whole point of the first was not to make a second. Thats not even including the spin offs like not another teen movie. In my opinion besides the "toy" seen in the beginning I thought it was dry and lacking humor but yet I'm the first in line to see them ... go figure. I guess I'm a gluton for punishment

lol.

-movies with whites acting black
-special FX right at the start of the movie
-Sex scenes right at the start of the movie

There are those who call me...Tim.
I hated Scary Movie enough to stop me from seeing the sequels. They were trying WAY too hard to be funny, and to me so many of the misses could so easily have been hits if they'd been timed right.

Any movie that goes straight to video
theres lots of great movies that never make it to the silver screen. Infact theres probably more movies that never touched the screen than ones that did.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Unforgettable!!!
David Manning of the Ridgefield Press

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
When you sit down next to someone and they pull out their cell phone, set it to silent ring, but then arrange it on top of their purse so the screen can glow at them reassuringly all through the movie...

A novel adaptation.
White people acting black..
Oh, Mammy!
I can't believe you people are forgetting a little talkie about a jazz singer...

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?
Originally Posted by MOVIE_bug
lol.

-Sex scenes right at the start of the movie
So then I guess Eyes wide Shut was a bad movie? *I'm aware it wasn't actual sex, just nudity*

I hate movies like Pearl Harbour and Saving Private Ryan because they're blatant pro-American propaganda. Young uneducated minds that watch those movies come away from them thinking that the American's won the war. What would we do without the Americans???? Thank you America, for saving the world.

I hate that crap.

Also, you know it's going to be a terrible movie if it says the following on the jacket of the DVD"

Comedy - "Funny"
Drama - "A cinematic tour de force", "Best Film of the Year", "I loved it"
Horror - "Makes The Exorcist seem like a Disney film"
Drama - "(Actor)'s best performance since (last half decent movie they were in)"

Bad Morther****er
How about Ben Affleck. His name seems to send off warning signals in my head. And while we're at it, Cuba Gooding Jr. also sleaves my ears ringing.
Justice will be served/ And the battle will rage/ This big dog will fight/ When you rattle his cage/ And you’ll be sorry that you messed with the U.S. of A./ Cause we`ll put a boot in your ass/ It`s the American way.
Courtesy Of The Red, White & Blue - Toby Keith

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by Ulysses Everett McGill
I hate movies like Pearl Harbour and Saving Private Ryan because they're blatant pro-American propaganda. Young uneducated minds that watch those movies come away from them thinking that the American's won the war. What would we do without the Americans???? Thank you America, for saving the world.

I hate that crap.

Blatant pro-American propaganda? Smoke another one genius. At what point does anyone state that Saving Private Ryan is factual? It is an account of what happened, told in story form, of one units experience during the war. Basically a mixture of fact and fiction. Again, it is a story, not a documentary. How about suggesting a way to educate those "uneducated" minds instead of trying to hide things from them. Also, it wasn't just America that "Saved the World" as you call it, but a coalition of forces rising up against what was clearly a regime bent on taking over the entire planet. America was, however, a large part of the reason we aren't all marching along to a fascist beat. So yes, America was a part of it, and if you dispute that, perhaps you would like to try fascism on for size, which it seems you are clearly a fan of. Pearl Harbor was garbage, but not for the reasons you mentioned. It was just a poor piece of film.

Any film thats 5th or later in a movie series
When (eg) a father has a deep and meaningful conversation with his son and becoming a man or any other topic relevant to the 2 characters like that (deeply moral, 'the right thing') especially to early in a film, eg Haunted Mansion, oh wait, i never saw that