Mystery movies

Tools    

Alright so I've started to like the mystery genre, and have seen a bunch of good movies in this genre. I just feel like it's not that popular of a genre, or there isn't too many good movies, which is a shame (maybe I just can't find them, which i hope is the case) So i looked for more "unknown" mystery movies, and found one called "Coherence". That one really surprised me in a positive way, and hope to find more low budget/lesser known movies. If you know any good mystery movies feel free to list them here

The Appearing is the my favorite my........................... released in 2014

Mulholland drive
blue velvet
you know what practically all of david lynch's movies.

I've recommended this one before a few times, but try Identity (2003).
Whatever you do, don't ready the synopsis first though, it'll spoil it.
Oh, I see. You can post in here, but you can't wish me a Happy Birthday in my birthday thread. Uh-huh.

Picnic At Hanging Rock

Triangle

Timecrimes

Primer

Film noir, thrillers and detective stories should also work for you and, look at early giallo, too.

Thanks everyone! I'll take a look at them

I've recommended this one before a few times, but try Identity (2003).
Whatever you do, don't ready the synopsis first though, it'll spoil it.
Thanks a lot for this movie... One hell of a twist! I liked it a lot

The Last Wave by Peter Weir comes to mind.

Alright so I've started to like the mystery genre, and have seen a bunch of good movies in this genre. I just feel like it's not that popular of a genre, or there isn't too many good movies, which is a shame (maybe I just can't find them, which i hope is the case) So i looked for more "unknown" mystery movies, and found one called "Coherence". That one really surprised me in a positive way, and hope to find more low budget/lesser known movies. If you know any good mystery movies feel free to list them here
I suppose you could class Hidden (Caché) as a mystery.

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
White Noise with Michael Keaton

Top 10 Mystery Movies

1. Mulholland Drive (2001)

2. Gone Girl (2014)

3. Eyes Wide Shut (1999)

4. Under the Skin (2013)

5. Dark City (1998)

6. Only God Forgives (2013)

7. The Limits of Control (2009)

8. Ink (2009)

9. 3-Iron (2004)