Please tell me. Who is this actress? Need to know now.

Tools    

Hello Movie Fans! We joined MovieForums to specificaly ask this question. I know we'll be back from time to time to join other discussions. For now, we need to know the actress in this photo. Maybe you know the film, too, or the actor in the background. This is very important to us. See you at the movies!
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	who.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	7336  

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
It looks like Edith Evans with dark hair but I'm not sure. I don't know the movie/TV show and am also unsure of the male actor. It seems to be set in a French courtroom.

Semper Fooey
I don't think that is Edith Evans, but that deifintely has a British movie vibe, post war I would say, pre 1960. But what I dunno, an A movie because some nice camera work.

Semper Fooey
Looking her up, I never heard of her, there is a resemblance, but she made her last movie in 1939. I'll take a little closer look, but it doesn't seem she was in a movie that would fit that scene.

Semper Fooey
My comuter won't downoad it to PB, but here is BM in The Little Princess wearing glasses as Queen Victoria.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/__7s9GUTM-o...0/shirley2.JPG

If it's a French court room drama(the police officer appears to be French), you should consider movies concerning the Dreyfus Case. There are quite a few French movies/series that cover that.

Semper Fooey
That makes sense. Those camera angles makes The Life of Emile Zola a strong candidate.

I just checked the cast from that movie. I didn't see any possibilities for that actress in Zola.

But what she is wearing roughly fits the period for the Dreyfuss affair.

I took a look at a clip on youtube (I have seen the movie before) and while the clothing seems to be from the same period, doesn't appear to be from the same movie.

No no no. This is not an actress. It is serial killer Marie Besnard who was charged with multiple murder on July 21, 1949. After three trials lasting over 10 years. She was finally freed in 1954, then acquitted on December 12, 1961. Look her up.