All about the upcoming Live Action Musical Hall of Fame

Tools    

There is no difference in how they go about being musicals, though.

Do people really not see the difference between Lion King and Singin In The Rain, South Park and Umbrellas Of Cherouburg, Little Mermaid and West Side Story?
Not in terms of their qualifications as musicals, no.

Let the night air cool you off
The special HOF were always meant to be more specific. Do people really not see the difference between Lion King and Singin In The Rain, South Park and Umbrellas Of Cherouburg, Little Mermaid and West Side Story? I feel like I am having a Guap argument this morning. I personally prefer all these animated films to the live action, but I see Citizen's point in wanting to keep it seperate.
But musical is pretty specific, we don't need always need them to be more specific than that.

But musical is pretty specific, we don't need always need them to be more specific than that.
This isn't the equivalent of having Slasher as opposed to Horror. That's pretty specific, no?

This isn't the equivalent of having Slasher as opposed to Horror. That's pretty specific, no?
That is pretty specific, but we did run a regular horror hall of fame first. And I think that the horror genre is much larger than the musical genre. And I think that the slasher genre is larger than the animated musical genre, and probably the live-action musical genre too. Plus I didn't start a slasher hall of fame and then limit it to some arbitrary qualifications.

I feel like I am having a Guap argument this morning. I personally prefer all these animated films to the live action, but I see Citizen's point in wanting to keep it seperate.
I know how that feels, man! It ain't good.

By the way, I sent in my nomination to Citizen Rules. I think we are in the habit of sharing nominations when Citizen runs these, so I'll share mine:

The Umbrellas of Cherbourg

Not in terms of their qualifications as musicals, no.
How about everyone here humor me for a second. Let us pretend that we are doing a flat out Musical Hall of Fame. It has to be a musical, not about music, but it can be animated.

What would each of you honestly choose as your nomination?

We still could. I was thinking of doing two separate foreign language HoFs; one for people who speak English and one for who doesn't.
Everybody on this forum speaks english no? haha

How about everyone here humor me for a second. Let us pretend that we are doing a flat out Musical Hall of Fame. It has to be a musical, not about music, but it can be animated.

I probably still would have gone with The Umbrellas of Cherbourg. It was between that and Popeye once I found out that Camo would have joined with South Park, which was another option I was weighing.

Honestly I wouldn't participate in it at all, but if I had to choose one it would be Hedwig and the Angry Inch, obviously. But the point is that a true Musical Hall of Fame would allow people the option to nominate animated musicals or musicals with marionettes if they wanted to.

The only reason why I'm participating in the Animated Musical Hall of Fame is because it feels wrong for me not to participate in an animation specific HOF.

Yes, I know. I am curious how many would even do that. If it ends up being two or three out of several, it seems like a waste of time for animation. So if everyone will tell me that yes, they would be in the BIG Musical Hall of Fame, and tell me an honest nomination, we can judge it better from there. I truly don't want to make a poll, though.

My nomination would either be Les Miserables or Alice in Wonderland.
Uno, babydoll! Give me one.

By the way, I sent in my nomination to Citizen Rules. I think we are in the habit of sharing nominations when Citizen runs these, so I'll share mine:

The Umbrellas of Cherbourg

That looks very good!

I was considering nominating Bedknobs and Broomsticks, but it's a live action/animation hybrid. Could someone please direct me to the proper thread?

I was considering nominating Bedknobs and Broomsticks, but it's a live action/animation hybrid. Could someone please direct me to the proper thread?
You'll have to wait for our Live-Action Animation Hybrid Disney Musical Hall of Fame.