Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

The Killing of a Chinese Bookie (1976) One of the most overlooked masterpieces from a decade that turned out many. Possibly Cassavetes' Best! Truly unique creations of 70s cinema... It's strange and provocative, absolutely unforgettable!

A normal man? For me, a normal man is one who turns his head to see a beautiful woman's bottom. The point is not just to turn your head. There are five or six reasons. And he is glad to find people who are like him, his equals. That's why he likes crowded beaches, football, the bar downtown...

The Legend (1993) - Corey Yuen (Hong Kong Action)
Martial arts film with Jet Li and Michelle Reis. Jet Li is an actual real life martial arts expert and Reis is very beautiful but unfortunately neither of them can act ... at all ... seriously they both suck. This movie looks great but Jet Li is just not a leading man that that can carry a film on his own so what could have been a good film ended up being very average.

Unregistered User
In the Heat of the Night (1967) -
+
Cheap Thrills (2013) -

Creepshow (1982) -
+
The Illusionist (2006) -

Rumble Fish (1983) -

Jersey Boys (2014) -

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
What can I say? It's Cassavetes
Have you seen all of Cassavetes movies?

I didn't wanna say, but that one was my least favorite, and that's putting it mildly, but I'll try to watch again, so many people love it.

Have you seen all of Cassavetes movies?

I didn't wanna say, but that one was my least favorite, and that's putting it mildly, but I'll try to watch again, so many people love it.
The Killing of a Chinese Bookie (1976)

Love Streams (1984)

Faces (1968)

A Woman Under the Influence (1974)

The Killing of a Chinese Bookie (1976) One of the most overlooked masterpieces from a decade that turned out many. Possibly Cassavetes' Best! Truly unique creations of 70s cinema... It's strange and provocative, absolutely unforgettable!

Which version did you watch?

Side Effects (2013) - Steven Soderbergh

A rather mediocre film from a very talented filmmaker...

7 out of 10

Biutiful (2010) - Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu (Mexican Drama)
Of the five of Inarritu's films that I've seen this was my least favourite. It just never really grabbed my attention and none of the characters really worked for me. Beyond the central theme of a man dealing with a serious illness it all felt a bit forced.

+

Children of Men (2006) - great film... I've been meaning to watch this for a long time so I'm glad it was nominated for the Sci-Fi HoF.
9/10
I've been meaning to check that film out for awhile now but keep on getting side tracked.

I can already tell I'll love the movie... when I get to it.

Vagabond (1985) - Agnes Varda (French Drama)
The film opens with a homeless girl found dead in a ditch - and then we are taken back to find out how she got there. It's a story of a young woman who doesn't really fit into society and chooses to live on the road. It's quite a touching movie with a great performance by Sandrine Bonnaire and it's interesting because many movies like this tend to glorify the "freedom" that can be attained by removing yourself from society but this certainly doesn't do that.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses

Vagabond (1985) - Agnes Varda (French Drama)
The film opens with a homeless girl found dead in a ditch - and then we are taken back to find out how she got there. It's a story of a young woman who doesn't really fit into society and chooses to live on the road. It's quite a touching movie with a great performance by Sandrine Bonnaire and it's interesting because many movies like this tend to glorify the "freedom" that can be attained by removing yourself from society but this certainly doesn't do that.

I've seen this a couple of times, really like it, and can identify with her.

Finished here. It's been fun.

Oslo August 31
+

Powerful and unflinching depiction of a young man who has lost the will to live. Is neither sentimental nor contrived. Great film.