Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice

Tools    

I get what you want to say, but there are ways they can putt all these guys as cameos. From top of my had, Cyborg could be talented guy Batman asks for help and then some explosion happens(latter they reveal they managed to keep him alive as Cyborg. Aquaman could just walk out from the see and thats all and so on...And I'm sure they thought about this more than 2 minutes .
If that's the route they take that might be better, but I have my doubts.

Given what's been done in some other films I have a feeling that half of the film will be devoted to the 'origin stories' of the characters with only 45min-1hr devoted to the actual "plot".

IMO if they were going to include characters like Wonder Woman or Cyborg in the franchise they should've made the introductory films for these characters before creating a "Justice League" type film (and this should have been a separate film from Batman vs. Superman; just like the Iron Man and Thor films don't include cameos from the other Avengers other than quick text references).

Like the other guy said I think DC's trying to 'catch up to Marvel' by cramming all of this into 1 film; maybe they'll play it smart and only include quick references to the other heroes instead of extensive backstory but I have my doubts since the superhero film industry doesn't try too hard to "be different" and usually sticks to a predictable formula.

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
If I watch a film and walk out of it with glaring questions about the plot or characters that I don't know or understand, then I've just walked out of a bad film. If Cyborg just makes an appearance long enough to have dialog but not to explain why he's half robot, then that's the sing of crappy story telling for people who don't know who he is. Why the hell do I have to have knowledge of a different medium to understand what's going on in a film?

Concerning X-men, it's ironic you told me to read your post because I specifically said "except X-men"...

X-men is a special case because the most you need to know is that people are born with superpowers and that's explained in the first two lines of the film. There's no back story needed.

Cyborg, on the other hand, walking onto the screen would be confounding to someone who's not read a comic before. So, if we're basing our opinions on, you know, real things that exist (past films), then there's not a lot of comic book films with multiple character introductions that succeeded.

EDIT: Clearly you missed this post:

For the most part, every superhero film that introduces more than 2-3 new characters has sucked unless it was X-Men. Batman V Superman is introducing at least 5 if you include a new Batman and we haven't even been clued in to who the new villain will be! Of course Batman V Superman has nothing to do with those other films, I was pointing out that previous attempts to cram too many back stories into one comic adaptation have failed. And, I've ranted on and on about how much I hate Snyder, but I don't think he has the nuance in him to make the intros to all these new characters in a cohesive manner.
I get it, but your problems is you think everything will go that "horrible route"...Maybe he wont be Cyborg,maybe he becomes Cyborg in JL,maybe Aquaman wont say a word,just walk out to see what is all this about...First ,they don't need Batman's backstory, it will probably be shown during next few movies...Ye,I almost forgot your hate for Snyder, we talked about that didnt we? That's different topic. And why now days people need to be fed with info, I mean you want to tell me nobody left out of Avengers thinking who Thanos is? As I said, no backstory is needed for Batman, we already know about Superman, we wont find out anything about Aquaman and Cyborg in this one (maybe only that he became Cyborg by some explosion, just 2minutes of dialog)...So all you need to know is that some guy walked out from the sea (for example),thats all,they dont need to tell you who walked out of the sea or something...Batman and Robin had all those characters be full part of the movie, so its not fair to compare.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
t...First ,they don't need Batman's backstory, it will probably be shown during next few movies...
DoJ opens with Batman in pursuit of (insert bad guy) in the (insert bat vehicle) and keeps running from there.

Batman is one of the few brands that I think you can venture with no back story. Say what they may, but Suicide Squad is gonna be the Batman origin movie.

DoJ opens with Batman in pursuit of (insert bad guy) in the (insert bat vehicle) and keeps running from there.

Batman is one of the few brands that I think you can venture with no back story. Say what they may, but Suicide Squad is gonna be the Batman origin movie.
Well,I did say it will be shown in next few movies and they really don't need his back story. I think in SS they will only show what he did during these years, Joker will probably go all in his face with mistakes he made or something.

I get it, but your problems is you think everything will go that "horrible route"...Maybe he wont be Cyborg,maybe he becomes Cyborg in JL,maybe Aquaman wont say a word,just walk out to see what is all this about...First ,they don't need Batman's backstory, it will probably be shown during next few movies...Ye,I almost forgot your hate for Snyder, we talked about that didnt we? That's different topic. And why now days people need to be fed with info, I mean you want to tell me nobody left out of Avengers thinking who Thanos is? As I said, no backstory is needed for Batman, we already know about Superman, we wont find out anything about Aquaman and Cyborg in this one (maybe only that he became Cyborg by some explosion, just 2minutes of dialog)...So all you need to know is that some guy walked out from the sea (for example),thats all,they dont need to tell you who walked out of the sea or something...Batman and Robin had all those characters be full part of the movie, so its not fair to compare.
Did you see X-men Origins: Wolverine? Because that's the image I get in my head every time you tell me what the film could be.

Also, I can't imagine Aquaman will just walk out of the sea and the audience will get who he is. That's beyond absurd.

Be honest, if that happened, would that be your opinion of a well made film? Seriously?

Concerning Thanos, he shows up in the post credits scene! He's not even a part of the story.

Between the past comic adaptations that introduced several characters and Snyder's terrible depiction of Superman in Man of Steel, of course I'm being negative. I have no hope at all that this will be a good film. I will hang on to a glimmer of hope that it doesn't suck because I've loved Superman since I was 7-years-old, but I see no reason to suspect it will turn out well.

Worst three year wait ever.

Did you see X-men Origins: Wolverine? Because that's the image I get in my head every time you tell me what the film could be.

Also, I can't imagine Aquaman will just walk out of the sea and the audience will get who he is. That's beyond absurd.

Be honest, if that happened, would that be your opinion of a well made film? Seriously?

Concerning Thanos, he shows up in the post credits scene! He's not even a part of the story.

Between the past comic adaptations that introduced several characters and Snyder's terrible depiction of Superman in Man of Steel, of course I'm being negative. I have no hope at all that this will be a good film. I will hang on to a glimmer of hope that it doesn't suck because I've loved Superman since I was 7-years-old, but I see no reason to suspect it will turn out well.
Can't debate over what image comes to your head when you think about movie,so we will skip that.

Now,about Aquaman part, firstly they don't need to tell you its him, for all people who know its a nice cameo and for people who don't its a mystery (even when there will be a lot of marketing, news are spreading ,guy walks from the sea,you know...No need to be comic book fan to know "thats the sea guy").Even if they decide to tell us a bit more about Aquaman so what? You just guess they will talk about his mother's father and their distant family...There is a difference between telling someones story and cameo...Is it me or you just skip every time someone says they will be minor parts or cameos in this movie?

You said Thanos shows in post credit scenes and he is not part of the story, what stop them from doing same thing with Aquaman? As I said,cameos and minor parts...

We won't discuss last part because your hate for Snyder is beyond reasoning, no matter what I say,you hate him with passion ,you use every chance to do so,you have done it while we were talking about totally different stuff,when they just started revealing stuff. Ofc you have negative opinion when you come to movie close minded,there is no need for you to watch it,you already made your mind, you will hate it no mater what. MoS rocked,had its problems but it was a good movie, thats my opinion, but I won't go and say it whenever there is a new post in this thread...

Say what they may, but Suicide Squad is gonna be the Batman origin movie.
Is Suicide Squad part of this new DC cinematic universe? I heard it was going to be a lot darker and edgier than films like "Avengers" (which makes sense given that it's featuring the villains as the protagonists).

Yes it'll be connected to the current universe.

This is the DC Cinematic Universe for the next 5 years.

Man Of Steel (2013)
BvS (2016)
Suicide Squad (2016)
Wonder Woman (2017)
Justice League Part 1 (2017)
Flash (2018)
Aquaman (2018)
Shazam (2019)
Justice League Part 2 (2019)
Cyborg (2020)
Green Lantern (2020)

Here's the rundown of the next 5 years worth of DC movies that are to compete with the recent Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU):

# Man Of Steel (2013)
Henry Cavill (Superman)
Amy Adams (Lois Lane)
-
# Batman Vs Superman (2016)
Ben Affleck (Batman)
Henry Cavill (Superman)
Jessie Eisenberg (Lex Luthor)
Jeremy Irons (Alfred Pennyworth)
Amy Adams (Lois Lane)
Gal Gadot (Wonder Woman)
Jason Momoa (Aquaman)
Ray Fisher (Cyborg)
Jared Leto (The Joker) (rumoured)
-
# Suicide Squad (2016)
Jared Leto (The Joker)
Margot Robbie (Harley Quinn)
Jai Courtney (Captain Boomerang)
Will Smith (Deadshot)
Cara Delavingne (Enchantress)
Joel Kinnaman or Jay Hernandez (Rick Flag)
-
# Wonder Woman (2017)
Gal Gadot (Wonder Woman)
-
# Justice League Part 1 (2017)
Ben Affleck (Batman)
Henry Cavill (Superman)
Gal Gadot (Wonder Woman)
Jason Momoa (Aquaman)
Ray Fisher (Cyborg)
Ezra Miller (The Flash)
Amy Adams (Lois Lane)
-
# The Flash (2018)
Ezra Miller (The Flash)
-
# Aquaman (2018)
Jason Momoa (Aquaman)
-
# Shazam (2019)
Dwayne The Rock Johnson (Black Adam)
-
# Justice League Part 2 (2019)
Ben Affleck (Batman)
Henry Cavill (Superman)
Gal Gadot (Wonder Woman)
Jason Momoa (Aquaman)
Ray Fisher (Cyborg)
Ezra Miller (The Flash)
Amy Adams (Lois Lane)
-
# Cyborg (2020)
Ray Fisher (Cyborg)
-
# Green Lantern (2020)
Movie confirmed, but cast is yet unknown

I'm excited but still cautiously optimistic about Batffleck.

This Thursday will kick off the Star Wars Celebration as all the panels from the convention will be streamed online, which will include exclusive footage that will be shown to fans over in California. No doubt we will be seeing a new trailer for Star Wars: The Force Awakens. But there will be another major tease coming that same day.

One hour before the Star Wars hype kicks off five seconds of footage from Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice will be teased through Zack Snyder's Twitter before the official trailer is revealed in theaters on Monday, April 20th.

Then on Monday, April 20th as a limited engagement in select IMAX theaters, what has been named as the "Batman v Superman IMAX Trailer Event" , the first full-length trailer for Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice will play in theaters as well as extra footage from the film. Running time runs about 15 minutes.

The full length trailer WILL be in front of all prints of Avengers: Age of Ultron, but will probably hit the internet airwaves beforehand due to this event. The latest it could hit the internet if not due to this would be soon after it hits theaters internationally on April 23rd.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Does anyone else think these things are getting a bit out of hand? We're now getting teasers for teasers of the full trailer and teasers that include release dates for an actual trailer. I mean that teaser had what, 5 seconds of actual footage? Just seems a bit silly

Does anyone else think these things are getting a bit out of hand? We're now getting teasers for teasers of the full trailer and teasers that include release dates for an actual trailer. I mean that teaser had what, 5 seconds of actual footage? Just seems a bit silly
Have you seen the new 23 second long version 6.2 of the director's cut teaser trailer trailer?

If you actually read my previous post before the preview of the trailer, this isn't any ordinary trailer teaser. This is planned to be iconic event as much as the film itself.