Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

John Wick (2014)

Keanu Reeves plays it cool in this stylish fast-paced action flick about an ex-hitman known for his brutality and determination who is sucked back into a life of crime after his former employer's son kills his dog, which was the last gift presented to him by his recently deceased wife, and steals his car.

The movie is lots of fun. Keanu Reeves makes for a slick action hero, and is quite possibly the most underappreciated movie star of our time.

Septic Man (2013)

This starts out promising enough with a scene of a woman vomiting profusely while on the toilet. Unfortunately, it's all downhill after that, and is barely passable for fans of lowbrow horror.

This starts out promising enough with a scene of a woman vomiting profusely while on the toilet.]
Cricket your thoughts on horror movies are more entertaining than any horror movie I have sat through.

I love Hammer Films, so I was sure to catch When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth (1970), starring the lovely Victoria Vetri. Lots of fun, with cavemen, cavewomen, dinosaurs galore, etc. etc. What was really fun is the language that the cave, um, people, use. There were strangely familiar words like: Akita, Nikita, Madonna, Rasta, and Nietzsche. At least it really sounded like them.

Ken Park (2002)

It's hard to be sure what this director's motives are, although I'm generally a fan. His movies push boundaries, and this one is no different. It's far from his best work, but it has plenty of shocking, uncomfortable, and effective scenes. It's also very sexually explicit.

Red Beard (1965) - Akira Kurosawa

One gets a feeling that Kurosawa had gone for it and gave it everything he got...and the good thing is, he pulled it through...absolutely among his bests.

9.25 out of 10

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
absolutely among his bests
It is his best.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

It is, I think I will have to agree with that, from the ones I have seen so far. I am yet to see Throne of Blood and Ran (among the significant ones).

The Hidden Fortress (1958) - Akira Kurosawa

I saw this with a high expectation because everywhere it is rated so highly (higher than High and Low or Red Beard even) but honestly, it was a bit disappointing. Enjoyable surely but should not be counted among his best works...

6 out of 10

Stunning film based on the true story of Robyn Davidson's nearly 2000 mile journey on foot across Australia with four camels and her dog. Most of the journey she travelled on her own. Fantastic film.

The Soft Skin (1964)

A normal man? For me, a normal man is one who turns his head to see a beautiful woman's bottom. The point is not just to turn your head. There are five or six reasons. And he is glad to find people who are like him, his equals. That's why he likes crowded beaches, football, the bar downtown...

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
The Hidden Fortress (1958) - Akira Kurosawa
Just like Yojimbo it is a more entertaining side of Kurosawa. I could even say that Akira made an adventure film here. Personally, I love it, but I see why some people may think it's inferior to Kurosawa's more humane and serious works.

I have to rewatch Ikiru. It didn't do much to me the first time, although I still thought it's good.