If you owned a movie theatre, and money wasn't a factor

Tools    

I'd run all the normal films that theaters run, but I'd have weekend midnight movies of the cult variety. I know there are theaters that do this, but I don't care.

I'd also run all the art house films and play artier films of old once or twice a week.

Instead of commercials and other BS before the film, I'd play old cartoon shorts like Loony Toons and Hannah-Barbera cartoons.

Also, couches and recliners instead of theater chairs.

Also, couches and recliners instead of theater chairs.
I've actually seen this done before and I really don't like it. You might think it sounds nice, but it really takes away from the whole experience of being in a movie theater. Unless you have bad furniture or something at your house, there's no "escape" to it. I like being trapped in uniform rows of seats when I'm at a theater. It's why it's a theater. Even uncomfortable seats at a movie theater just feel more theater-like to me than couches and recliners.

I would make it as a cinema with the hip-hop artists' movies only)

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I think you have a low opinion of cinema goers! Theatres have bars and sell drinks during intervals and don't seem to have this problem.

Also if money was no object I would have no adverts before the film. Only trailers.

I think very highly of cinema goers, especially fellow MOFOS, but I don't think highly of alcohol and it's effect, because I've seen it time and time again. Whether it's a theater, or any other event. It's the drug that changes people...

I would have a "Mystery science theater" night where we find a really old cheesy movie, and people can make funny comments during it and make fun of it. Every moviegoer has seen those types of movies where you just want to yell something at the screen and this would be the night to do it and not get in trouble for it!
Fire walk with me.

And I like the cartoons instead of commercials idea, but I think it would be cool if instead of cartoons, they show some short films made by local people or regulars at the theater before the movie starts

Also, if a favorite director was having a film be released soon, we would screen one film by that director a week in chronilogical order to show an evolution of the director's work, and the last film we watch will be seen the week before the new film is released.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
It would look like this.

Seattle Cinerama

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Oh ya, I forgot I have cocktail waitresses serving overpriced drinks during intermission.
Would attend such screening.

Watching Ran, Faust or War and Peace on big screen would be awesome, mark! Would visit your cinema as well.

I would play arthouse, sleaze and cult films mainly! Also would make some special weeks, like 'Blaxploitation Week' or 'Pinku Week' with only movies from these genres playing 24 hours a day! It would be cool to have a certain director's films being played chronologically every, say, Friday.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

It would look like this.

Seattle Cinerama
WOW! Déjà vu. I was going to post the same theater!

It has a huge curved Cinerama screen that they use for special showings. It's only one of three theaters in the world that still has the ability to show 3 Panel Cinerama films in their full format, such as How the West Was Won.

AND your timing couldn't be better, it JUST reopened from a remodel today Nov 20th.

This is my dream theater.

http://www.cinerama.com/News/Novembe...ig-Reveal.aspx