Is The Hobbit on Bluray 48FPS?

Tools    

I'm really interested in seeing what 48FPS looks like in movies.

I didn't have the chance to see it at the cinema, so I'm hoping there're alternative methods in experiencing HFR.
Thanks

4K tv's can play 48fps but as of now it is not possible to buy or stream The Hobbit in that framerate.

I'm pretty sure it won't be long though, but then you have to get a 4K tv with all the right specs and stuff like that.

But I agree with Gunslinger. I actually didn't hate it as much as I thought, but still it's an even bigger gimmick than 3D and ruined more than it helped. Action scenes were nice and smooth but moslty it was just annoying and ruined both the cinematic feel and the movie itself.

The only scene I think the 48 fps worked was during the barrel scene. But every other scene felt off. Like when the dwarf Thorin was just sitting having dinner at the inn, the scene did not look like it was from a movie.

The People's Republic of Clogher
I *think* the closest you'll get is watching the Blu Ray in 3D which would be 720p/60fps as opposed to the standard 1080p/24. Not sure though - I watched the 3D disc for about 5 minutes before popping the standard one back in.

Lord High Filmquisitor
Like The Gunslinger45, I did not especially care for the modified frame rate. It was too surreal to relax during and it took me far to long to adjust to the new look of it. I love that Jackson was experimenting with it - that's how the art of cinema evolves - but it seems like it's something that's better left unused, or at least only sparingly used.

I'm pretty sure that the Motion Plus effect from Samsung t.v's emulates higher framerates. If that's the case, then theoretically, I've already watched most movies in 48fps or higher. If motion plus is similar to that of 48fps, then I like it a lot. Especially with anime. Panning shots are a pleasure to look at!