Films to only see Once

Tools    

Having looked on a different forum about a tv program I came across a article entitled:

15 Films You Only Need to See Once

And below are the films they have listed

15. Man Behind the Sun (1988)
14. A Serbian Film (2010)
13. Salò, or the 120 Days of Sodom (1975)

12. The Road (2009)
11. Passion of the Christ (2004)
10. Martyrs (2008)
9. Funny games (1997 & 2007)

8. Hunger (2008)
7. City of Life and Death (2009)
6. Nil by Mouth (1997)
5. Precious (2009)
4. Come and See (1985)
3. The Girl Next Door (2007)
2. Irréversible (2002)
1. Requiem for a Dream (2000)

The ones in bold are the films I have seen from this list and to be fair I would agree that they do belong on this list. I would include in this list The Human Centipede but to be fair I would never recommend anyone watch it to be begin with.

What do you make of this list?

The original article can be found here

I've seen Martyrs, Salo, and Funny Games more than once. Never regretted it. I wouldn't mind seeing a few of these again (why City of Life and Death). The few I wouldn't recommend on the other hand, especially Passion and A Serbian Film.

The Deer Hunter needs to go on here. That movie was so depressing.
Fire walk with me.

I've seen:

15 Films You Only Need to See Once

13. Salò, or the 120 Days of Sodom (1975)
11. Passion of the Christ (2004)
9. Funny games (1997)
5. Precious (2009)

Precious I've seen twice and I think it was worth the rewatch. The others I will never watch again. Once was more than enough.

14. A Serbian Film (2010)
12. The Road (2009)

10. Martyrs (2008)
8. Hunger (2008)
3. The Girl Next Door (2007)

i've seen Requiem For A Dream four time ... but the other only once ...

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Most films on the list are violent and brutal. What's the excuse for the makers of the list to include these titles? I have a theory that these films could not be as effective after you've seen them once. Like, you know, the brutality wouldn't touch you as much the second time. Maybe that was their point?

On second note, I'd be more hilarious to have a list "Films you don't have to see even once".
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

I've seen all but three of those films (not seen Martyrs , Man Behind the Sun or A Serbian Film) . I've seen Requiem for a Dream, Funny Games and The Road a few times, and I would watch Hunger again. The one I definitely found hardest to watch is the one closest to home and that's Nil By Mouth. I found that really upsetting.

My favorite films on that list are Requiem for a Dream, The Girl Next Door, A Serbian Film, and Funny Games. I will watch them again; the disturbing aspect just makes them more appealing to me. I didn't too much care for Men Behind the Sun, Salo, The Road, Martyrs, Nil by Mouth, or Irreversible. They were all ok, but I wouldn't go out of my way to see them again. I plan on seeing the other five.

The only movie that I've seen that I liked but would never want to watch again is Gus van Sant's Elephant. That movie really upset me.

All the ones on the list I've seen once and have yet to see again, the only reason I haven't seen them again is because I didn't like them enough to want to sit through the film for a second time - nothing to do with how disturbing, gruelling or upsetting the film was.

10. Martyrs (2008)
9. Funny games (1997)
6. Nil by Mouth (1997)
4. Come and See (1985)

^ These I like the most and would sit through them again. Already seen Martyrs a few times.

I have both Requiem for a Dream and The Road. This thread has now discouraged me from watching them lol.

Passion of the Christ is also on my list of films that I have seen once and have no desire to see again. The others are The Killing Fields, Cast Away, and Saving Private Ryan.