The MoFo Top Comic Book & Graphic Novel Movies Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Since nobody likes it I can't nominate it for the 4th MOFO Hall of fame. Darn
Well, you can but I don't think it would do too well ...

Seriously, I wouldn't have a problem with watching it again if you wanted to nominate it. I didn't think much of it but it wasn't the worst film of last year. It was better that Oz the Great and Powerful and RIPD

I liked Man Of Steel, obviously as I had it on my list.
Hated it to start with but MOS is what a Superman film should be. Super burly battles etc.

Maybe they should have put a musical number in the middle like Donner did in '78.

People forget that Donner's film was an original take... Man Of Steel is the same.
Yet nobody compares Donner's films to the original source, nor to the many, many TV Series's's's and films that came before it, but they compare MOS to Donner's.

Man Of Steel is a case of selective memory, I guess.

The other thing with Man Of Steel with comparing it to Donner's films... studios tried to emulate Donner with Superman Returns.
And that really was a pile of poo.

What would people prefer... yet another Superman Returns... or the original take called Man Of Steel?

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I think the newer Superman films are compared to the '78 one for two reasons. The original had hokey, but charming F/X and the even-more-charming Christopher Reeve. It was also actually fun.The newer ones have CGI to burn, but they're lacking in any charm and seem to take themselves too seriously. I didn't dislike the newer films either but was comparatively underwhelmed.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Just catching up a bit. So far I've seen 28 of those listed, and so far only 2 from my list - Hellboy II and Batman: Mask of the Phantasm.

I didn't realise Hugo would have been eligible. Great little film although I wouldn't have voted for it as I was sticking pretty much to just superheroes.

***SELF-ADVERTISING ALERT*** Just earlier on tonight I actually posted a review of Hugo for anyone who might be interested.

The Wolverine is def the best X film so far... I'd put X3 second, then X2, X1, First Class then have Origins last...
Wow Rodent we're usually quite simpatico but you've got strange taste when it comes to X-Men movies. I watched The Wolverine just before submitting my list and I thought it was decent but a little lifeless surprisingly. X-Men 3 I thought was a complete mess. It had two stories that could have made for interesting films (Dark Phoenix and the mutant cure) but by trying to squeeze both of them into the one film neither was dealt with satisfactorily. Oh yeah and Vinne Jones.

For me it would go to X2, First Class, X-Men, The Wolverine, X-Men 3, Origins

Oh yeah and Man of Steel sucks!

"Hey Look it's Masterman"
yessssssssaa, Man Of Steel makes the list. Hey, Gandalf did you see that, it cracked the top 50.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
There is a special place in Hell for you Masterman.

"Hey Look it's Masterman"
There is a special place in Hell for you Masterman.
Ouch!!. Ime actually surprised it didn't finish in top 20.

Okay... I've re-read the first post... my deduction is that it's based off votes from the senders listed. But the results so far are so all over the place with decent films and crappy films all mixed up in seemingly no order...

Okay... I've re-read the first post... my deduction is that it's based off votes from the senders listed. But the results so far are so all over the place with decent films and crappy films all mixed up in seemingly no order...
There's no mystery about it. We make these lists all the time and the process for this one is detailed here:

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=33164

Young Skywalker. Missed you, I have...
The fact that I completely forgot to put Man of Steel on my list infuriates me.

Here is my list so far:

1. Green Lantern (2011) - - 78
4. Tank Girl (1995) - - 55
12. Wanted (2008) - - 56
13. Spawn (1997) - - 77
21. The Punisher (2004) - - 51

Thanks Yoda, and I would suggest putting that link in the first post of every one of these threads for the future. I mean that is the norm for these types of things so that confusion is avoided for newcomers. :)

Hmmm, I figured the list of all the "voters" he mentioned in the first post makes this fairly plain, though I guess it wouldn't hurt. Anyway, that'll be the list organizer's call.

Yeah, I should have asked for it from the beginning actually. Or done a search.

Here ya go, Zotis, you can be part of the MoFo Top 100 of the 1970s list. Those ballots aren't due until July 15th.

Click HERE!

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	brando.jpg
Views:	523
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	13671  
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra