Quote of the Day

Tools    

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
3 Woody Quotes

I am not afraid of death, I just don't want to be there when it happens.

Eighty percent of success is showing up.

Time is nature's way of keeping everything from happening at once.

"The metaphysical comfort--with which, I am suggesting even now, every true tragedy leaves us--that life is at the bottom of things, despite all the changes of appearances, indestructibly powerful and pleasurable--this comfort appears in incarnate clarity in the chorus of the satyrs, a chorus of natural beings who live ineradicably, as it were, behind all civilization and remain eternally the same, despite the changes of generations and of the history of nations."
Friedrich Nietzsche

"We are the miracle of force and matter making itself over into imagination and will. Incredible. The Life Force experimenting with forms. You for one. Me for another. The Universe has shouted itself alive. We are one of the shouts."
--Ray Bradbury

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." ~ G.K. Chesterton

She had a pretty gift for quotation, which is a serviceable substitute for wit.
W. Somerset Maugham (1874 - 1965)

Inspiration does exist, but it must find you working.
Pablo Picasso (1881 - 1973)

Any sufficiently advanced bureaucracy is indistinguishable from molasses.
Unknown

No matter how much pressure you feel at work, if you could find ways to relax for at least five minutes every hour, you'd be more productive.
Dr. Joyce Brothers (1928 - )

When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
Franklin D. Roosevelt (1882 - 1945), quoted Kansas City Star, June 5, 1977

He who never made a mistake, never made a discovery. - Samuel Smiles

It's what you do right now that makes a difference. -
Black Hawk Down

It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. - Aristotle Onassis

Find a place inside where there's joy, and the joy will burn out the pain. - Joseph Campbell

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
"If things aren't funny then they're exactly what they are, and then they're like a long dental appointment."

- Murray Burns, A Thousand Clowns, written by Herb Garfner

"Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. The fearful are caught as often as the bold." Helen Keller.

“You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.”

― Friedrich Nietzsche

"What are man's truths ultimately? Merely his irrefutable errors."

― Friedrich Nietzsche

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

― Voltaire

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. - Winston Churchill

"Whatever you do in this life, it's not legendary unless your friends are there to see it" -Barney Stinson