Netflix in Europe

Tools    

Hello,

I used to live in the US before I moved to France to finish my PhD, and I used to subscribe to Netflix for a few years. Its a mailing movie rental system, for those who are not familiar with it. If you live in the US and haven't tried it I seriously recommend it. Its much better than all the HBOs and Cinemaxes out there.

Any who...Does anyone knows of a similar service in Europe? French TV is kinda weird and I'm missing out on allot of movies.

I found glowria.fr seems pretty good.

Hi,
I looked for a similar service as netflix in europe but right now none offers live streaming ( oct 19 2008 today ) so you cannot not watch them on your pc.

The only way to use netflix from a europeean country is to use a fake ip address... on that will fake a US ip address.

I spend an hour trying out different means and the easiest was by buying a " change your ip"software. You can find many online that will do the trick. I did a free trial on hide my ip 2008 and I was able to watch the online netflix movies ( i live in france ) . before the this software the netflix said that it was not possible to see the movies since I was outside the USA. now it works just fine.

hope that helps

it is not really illegal in my view since I still pay a monthly subscription to netflix . it's just by passing some of the geographical non sense in my opinion.

hope that helps