'The Corpse Bride' (2005)

Tools    

'The Corpse Bride' d. Tim Burton

screenplay: Caroline Thompsan and Pamela Pettler

release date: October 2005

genre: stop-motion, folk-tale, fantasy...think 'The Nightmare Before Christmas'

composer: Danny Elfman

cast: Johnny Depp, Helan Boham-Carter, Albert Finney, Christopher Lee, Emily Watson, Richard Grant and Joanna Lumley

Once again Tim burton plans to bring a faintly twisted dark fairy tale love story in his unique barnd of animation; stop-motion. The story takes after an old Eastern Europe folk tale about a groom-to-be and his unexpected bride-to-be. As the story goes the groom (voiced by Johnny Depp ), is walking with a friend to the next village where his bride-to-be is, along with wedding ceremony. Seeing a stick on the ground, the groom places the ring on the stick and performs the traditional jewish wedding cerenony. But behold that was no stick! In fact it was the wedding finger of a dead bride, after the 'fake' ceremony is complete she rises from her leafy grave.

The corpse bride (voiced by Helena Boham Carter) demands that she be given the full rights as his bride (this is a kids movie?), well more that she argues that since wedding ceremony is performed she is indeed married to the groom. He protests, and explains that it was an accident, he shouldn't of been playing around, he has a girl waiting for him in the next village. They travel to the village and the corpse bride tries her case to the rabbi. The rabbi, agrees that they are married. But the bride that the groom was supposed to marry, protests. The corpse bride, realizing that she is taking away the same thing that was taken away from her allows for the real (and living) bride to take her place.

There was a picture on the net, pretty cool too. But alas the site which it was on took it down.
Infinitely suffering thing.
T.S Eliot, "Preludes"

im totally going see it when it comes out. Im a big Tim Burton Fan.

Looks like Burton isn't alone this. Mike Johnson is also directing this film too.

The Trailer. It look's really good, I can't wait to see it. I hope it's better then The Nightmare Before Christmas.

Originally Posted by Parky
I still haven't seen The Nightmare Before Christmas

I loved the nightmare before christmas and i'm hoping this is better

Someone Save Us College Kids
Originally Posted by Zzat
The Trailer. It look's really good, I can't wait to see it. I hope it's better then The Nightmare Before Christmas.
You didnt like nightmare before christmas?

And this is my BOOMstick!
Not my kind of movie.

Originally Posted by Frank Castle
You didnt like nightmare before christmas?
You got it all wrong! I love The Nightmare Before Christmas, it's just, it's so overrated at hottopic by punks, posers, & goths. I had shoe laces one time and that was about it, other then owning it on dvd.

Someone Save Us College Kids
Originally Posted by Zzat
You got it all wrong! I love The Nightmare Before Christmas, it's just, it's so overrated at hottopic by punks, posers, & goths. I had shoe laces one time and that was about it, other then owning it on dvd.
I know what you mean It sucks when something cool is over marketed, although I have two hoodies and the movie of course,but stuff like thongs and boots. Is it really neccesary?

Arresting your development

I love Nightmare and this looks to be as much fun... thanks Glitter, Zzat, and Mr. Last....

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)