Ju-On: The Grudge

Tools    

Oh, yes. There will be blood....
The American version looks a whole hell lot better....

And this is my BOOMstick!
can someone post the link to the trailer or the site for the AMerican version?

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
I finally got around to watching Ju-on over the weekend. Holy ****.

It is one of themost intense movies I have ever seen and I spend the majority of my film watching time in the genre.

I fear for the American remake. I really do. Just judging from what is in the trailer as to how it was shown in the original remake (afterall, Ju-on is a remake of its straight-to-video predecessor), they took some wrong turns visually. The descent on the mother looks absolutely retarded in the Grduge as opposed to **** inducing in Ju-on.

I was thinking about it, but reading about Shimizu's feelings on it...he seemed pretty indifferent to it, but maybe that is just because the focus was supposed to be on Ju-on.

I did read that several episodes from Ju-on 2 were mixed into the Grudge...so while it is still the J-on story, it isn't strictly held in the realm of the first Ju-on's story/characters.

I am having a nervous breakdance
Have you seen Hideo Nakata's Dark Water?

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

history *is* moralizing
i personally found the Grudge ok, but didn't even know there's an american remake...
as far as remakes are concerned, i did prefer the Ring, american version, essentially for the better effects (they had more money to produce it too!) and most important, the acting. i'm really waiting for part 2.
did anyone see The Eye? i especially liked part 2 - both stories are NOT related - which i consider superior to the Grudge.
and Dark Water was real OK.
Now, from Japan to Korea, Whispering Corridors 3: Wishing Stairs, i'd recommend to anyone interested in aesthetics too, not only scary stuff. the movie does have its scary moments, but i view it as an especially beautiful movie, wow, do Koreans have a feeling for pretty pics!

Those krafty Koreans do indeed paint some pretty pictures. I am slowly falling deeply in love with Korean cinema.

I haven't seen Dark Water, yet, but I'm gonna try to check it out before the remake hits. I LOVED the Eye, haven't gotten around to watching the sequel yet (maybe this weekend).

Out of the whole Asian horror boom, the Eye has got to be my favorite. Those Pang Brothers created some incredibly intense scenes. That climax on the bus!! HOLY ****! Not so much that it was nerve racking, it was just so damn cool. I'd like to see a remake simply because I feel the visuals in that sequence could have been done much better, but it was awesome regardless.

sorry, im may asking a really stupid question, but Og, you saying theres THe Grudge (upcoming remake) , Ju-On (the well known asian version) and another version before that? I got slightly confused on your post about Ju_on 2 being in The Grudge and predessecor to Ju-On

There are even more versions than that. 5, not counting the American remake.

It started as a direct to video production, it wasn't all that well recieved, but it grew a following. Then the theatrical version was made followed by several spin offs/sequels. Most recently we have The Grudge.

I am having a nervous breakdance
I have been wanting to see The Eye for some time now but haven't gotten around to do it yet. And of course I need to find it first. I saw another korean horror flick a couple of weeks ago called The Ghost and even though I found it very scary here and there, it ripped Ringu off too much.

Hmmm... Haven't I written about The Ghost somewhere else before??

Dark Water was very good, imo. It was on par with Ringu even.

And this is my BOOMstick!
I really don't think a bunch of Japanese gilrs running around screaming "Chan-tai!, Chan-tai!" can be very scary. American remakes are always better.

Nitzer, your age is showing. Name three J-horror films you've seen. 1, 2, 3, Go!

Between this and the anime thread I'm gonna take a stab and say your parents watch the O'Reily Factor alot...

My life isn't written very well.
Anyone see the Tomie films yet? They're supposed to be good, yet I haven't watched them. Any comments?

r66-The member who always asks WHY?