The Grudge

Tools    

Coming this October 29, 2004, Sarah Michelle Gellar stars in an English-language remake of the Japanese horror thriller "Ju-On" entitled The Grudge.
The film is about a murderous supernatural curse born of a grudge held by someone who dies angry. The curse passes like a virus to its victims.

Click here for the traler and further info.

looks fun but it seems like they threw The ring/28 days later all into one, which i guess if done properly can be good but also leaves it kind of predictable.

I just saw this movie. It was alright but still left questions unanswered for me.

WARNING: "the grudge" spoilers below
How did the Kid die. It only showed his mother dying.

Why did the entitiy attack Michelle Gellar sometimes but left her alone other times.

Why was Michelle Gellar allowed to see what happened to the family.

How did the sister of the married couple disolve in bed when everyone else at least retained their corpse.

Why did the cop go in the house in the first place when he knew their was a curse on it, especially after the two fellow cops previously investigating died.

Awaiting True Love
The biggest question it left unanswered was why this piece of crap was even made? It wasn't even as good as a bad Buffy episode! Uhhhhgggg!

Dude, this was a peice of crap

i think ill pass on this one

Originally Posted by Escape
I just saw this movie. It was alright but still left questions unanswered for me.

How did the Kid die. It only showed his mother dying.

Why did the entitiy attack Michelle Gellar sometimes but left her alone other times.

Why was Michelle Gellar allowed to see what happened to the family.

How did the sister of the married couple disolve in bed when everyone else at least retained their corpse.

Why did the cop go in the house in the first place when he knew their was a curse on it, especially after the two fellow cops previously investigating died.
to answer your first and fifth question,
the kid was drowned. the cop went to the house in order to burn it down, it was his dumb luck that he went into the bathroom and was attacked

Oh, yes. There will be blood....
Is there a sequel to this fir the Japanese version? If so, will they make an American sequel??

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Is there a sequel to this fir the Japanese version? If so, will they make an American sequel??
Yes and I believe yes.

STOMP FREAKIN' TASTIC!
Errrm, any ideas why i can't veiw Grudges post????? I just get red lettering warning me of spoilers and then an empty box. Am i missing something simple??????

As remakes go, im unsure of this, it has the same director as all the other adaptations, so it seems less of a cash cow, what others think?

Errrm, any ideas why i can't veiw Grudges post????? I just get red lettering warning me of spoilers and then an empty box. Am i missing something simple??????
You have to highlight whats in the box with your mouse. Some people don't want to know things that could ruin the movie for them.
15 years ago, A mop boy named Melvin Junko fell into a case full of toxic waste and became a hideously deformed creature of superhuman size and strength, he became... The Toxic Avenger, the first superhero from New Jersey! Then came two shitty sequels, sorry about that. This is the real sequel.

Bad Morther****er
This was a huge disapointment. The movie, while creepy, never lived up to scarier than The Ring hype. After a while you came to expect the creepy parts and the movie became kind of comical. I guess the ending was set up for a sequal, but really all it did was to hieghten the disapointment.
Justice will be served/ And the battle will rage/ This big dog will fight/ When you rattle his cage/ And you’ll be sorry that you messed with the U.S. of A./ Cause we`ll put a boot in your ass/ It`s the American way.
Courtesy Of The Red, White & Blue - Toby Keith

Originally Posted by Michael_myers
to answer your first and fifth question,
the kid was drowned. the cop went to the house in order to burn it down, it was his dumb luck that he went into the bathroom and was attacked
WARNING: "The Grudge" spoilers below
Where did it show the kid drowning? I must have missed that. I just know the kid pretended to drown to set him up.
My real question was why he went back to investigate the married couple's disappearance knowing two detectives already died while investigating this earlier with the original couple that started this whole thing. But I guess he just put two and two together after thinking about it for awhile.

in all honesty, it's starting to fade, can't remember the details as well now, i'll have to see it again

A great "date film". Scared the crap outta my GF. Even made me jump in a few places. A nice B+ Horror film, and I cannot count how many people were doing the throat thingy after the film. If you saw it you know what I am talking about. Good scares overall, but nothing A+.

Two words...freaking creepy. I'm seeing this again.

Originally Posted by 7thson
Even made me jump in a few places. A nice B+ Horror film, and I cannot count how many people were doing the throat thingy after the film. If you saw it you know what I am talking about.
Took the words right out of my mouth.

My grade: