My dad was describing a movie he had seen a long time ago to me to see if I remembered it. I didn't, but based on when he thinks he saw I think it was probably made in the 1980's. Here are the key points:

In the later part of the movie some bad guys either want to beat up or otherwise hurt someone in the movie. The person they are after is a likable person who is wealthy. My dad thought it was Rodney Dangerfield, but I didn't see any of his movies that fit.

Before they can touch him a sports team (he thought it was a football, or possibly a basketball team) shows up, all wearing pink jerseys, which might have been the protagonist's idea. My dad thinks that he had recently either bought or created the team.

One of the villains joked about how they were wearing pink. The other saw how big they were and how many of them there were and was obviously scared when he made a comment about noting how many of them there were.

Obviously the team, either through intimidation or force, prevented the bad guys from hurting the protagonist.

He wasn't as sure about this detail, but he thought this scene took place on a train.