Danny The Dog

Tools    

Kaiser "The Devil" Soze
This is Jet Li's new movie according to his website http://www.netasia.net/users/sgc_wdi/ and perhaps his last movie which sucks because I'm a huge Jet Li fan. Hopefully it won't suck like Cradle to the Grave 2 did.

Cyberdine Systems Model 101
I had no idea Morgan Freeman is starring in this film. And the release date is this year! I heard that another film of his [Hero] is being released this year. By the looks of it, the film looks good.

perhaps his last movie
Why do you say that?

An American In Paris ****/*****
Once Upon A Time In China *****/*****
Father of the Bride ****/*****
Spartacus *****/*****
The Hidden Fortress ****/*****

You can view my review for each of those films at T-850's Reviews

Kaiser "The Devil" Soze
Originally Posted by T-850
I had no idea Morgan Freeman is starring in this film. And the release date is this year! I heard that another film of his [Hero] is being released this year. By the looks of it, the film looks good.

Why do you say that?
I saw Hero already, it was released a long time ago, just didn't hit theaters in N.America yet I guess. There is a rumour going around that he's giving up acting to pursue his buddism practice or to focus on his Kung Fu, something like that.

Hero hasn't been released in North America yet. But I hear it will be out probably this April.

There is a rumour going around that he's giving up acting to pursue his buddism practice or to focus on his Kung Fu, something like that.
As you said, a rumor. I'm also a fan of Jet Li. I have all of his movies on dvd [ I'm probably missing one or two of his films] and I think he still has a couple of more years in the movie business before retiring. You know he started his acting career in a very young age and he's probably in his early 40's if I'm not mistaking. But I would believe that he'd dedicate his time to his kung-fu classes or teaching.

Kaiser "The Devil" Soze
As you said, a rumor. I'm also a fan of Jet Li. I have all of his movies on dvd [ I'm probably missing one or two of his films] and I think he still has a couple of more years in the movie business before retiring. You know he started his acting career in a very young age and he's probably in his early 40's if I'm not mistaking. But I would believe that he'd dedicate his time to his kung-fu classes or teaching.

I guess we will find out soon enough, I doubt he will teach though, I take Kung-fu and I met the man once........nice guy but doubt he will teach. Then again it was only a 2-3 min conversation so what do I know.

You've met Jet Li before? Where at?

Kaiser "The Devil" Soze
I meet him when I was younger at U. Berkely Kung Fu Competition... I had to go there because sparring is illegal up here in Canada. I think he was there as a guest of honor or something.

[quote=kaisersoze]I meet him when I was younger at U. Berkely Kung Fu Competition... I had to go there because sparring is illegal up here in Canada. I think he was there as a guest of honor or something.[/

I dont beleive you! You never met Jet Li at a Sparring compitiion! Why would he be there for? like he wants to spar with people he coulde easily beat the crap out of!

Kaiser "The Devil" Soze
Originally Posted by Joshman

I dont beleive you! You never met Jet Li at a Sparring compitiion! Why would he be there for? like he wants to spar with people he coulde easily beat the crap out of!

1) I'm not lying, I really did compete at U. Berkely (sp, I know) once upon a time and there STILL IS annual kung fu competitions held there..... EVERY YEAR which draws kung fu practioners from all over the world.

2) Please note that, I did not say above that "I FOUGHT JET LI" <------- I didn't say so, nor would I want to. I merely said he was there as a "GUEST OF HONOR" (plz note), in addition Jackie Chan and Donnie Yen among many others have been known to attend these events just to promote the popularity of the sport. NO, I haven't meet Jackie or Donnie... yet

3) People like Jet Li are stars for a reason.......that is many people know them, else they wouldn't be famous would they? Now say how many fans do you think Jet Li would have met in his life time? Of those fans how many do you think he would have a short conversation with?... a lot right? ....... why is it so hard to believe that I may be just one out of the say 10, 000 fans who have had 2-3 mins conversations with him. There is a difference in saying I MET so and so and I KNOW so and so.

4) No, I do not have a picture with JET because I was more interested in competing at the time, I can only ask that you trust me because there isn't much to be gained from me lying. If you don't -then call me a liar, you are entitled to your opinion but can you in the future read more carefully what I have to say? I mean the word Guest and Competitor are entirely different things No?

Let me get my dictionary.

I don't think you're lying. I believe that you did compete at U and that you met Jet Li himself, which is something special.

But let's get back to the film

Jet Li plays Danny, a character that has never been educated in his life. He is mentally a 10-12 year old kid, but physically, he's a fighting machine. Morgan Freeman plays a blind man who saves Jet Li's character and teaches him about life through music.

What do you think of the story? Will it be a good Action/Martial Arts/Thriller movie?

Kaiser "The Devil" Soze
But let's get back to the film
Yes LETS

Jet Li plays Danny, a character that has never been educated in his life. He is mentally a 10-12 year old kid, but physically, he's a fighting machine. Morgan Freeman plays a blind man who saves Jet Li's character and teaches him about life through music.

What do you think of the story? Will it be a good Action/Martial Arts/Thriller movie?

Yeah I think it would work, I'm not all too crazy on the title though. Although Cradle to the Grave 2 was an awesome title yet the movie wasn't as good as I hoped. This story line seems a little bit more risk-que but I think it would be something to see if they pull it off.... I'm usually a sucker for stories where someone with odds pitted against them rises to the occasion

Yeah I think it would work, I'm not all too crazy on the title though. Although Cradle to the Grave 2 was an awesome title yet the movie wasn't as good as I hoped. This story line seems a little bit more risk-que but I think it would be something to see if they pull it off.... I'm usually a sucker for stories where someone with odds pitted against them rises to the occasion
The story does look risque. Jet is mentally a 10-12 year old kid, but physically, he's a fighting machine. The question is... how can a kid that's never been educated in his life be a fighting machine? Then there's Morgan Freeman who plays a blind man and teaches Danny [Li] about life through music.

Interesting. I wonder how they'll pull this one.

I too hope this film isn't as bad as Cradle 2 the Grave. We all know that Jet has a couple of bad films but they are still fun to watch. Except, Once Upon A Time In China and America

Kaiser "The Devil" Soze
There is a Trailer on this website
http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/d/dannythedog.php

Going with music is probably a good start to educate someone if they hadn't been educated eariler on in life (I can only assume). Since it is eaiser to appeal to emotion and stuff through the use of music and stuff.

how can a kid that's never been educated in his life be a fighting machine?
In the olden days this was pretty common, people picking up trades without ever having to learn how to read or write. In the film Dangerous minds I remember a scene where a lady says: "I'm not trying to raise lawyers and doctors.... I just want them to pay the bills........stop inspiring them with poetry and math" and that film was suppose to be based on a true story so.... maybe there are still cases.

The plot summary in that link gives allot more information on the film.

This is the story of Danny (Li), a slave who has lived his whole life without any sort of normal human education, with the mind and personality of a young child, with only one lesson learned: how to fight. Treated like a dog by his owner/boss, Bart (Hoskins) which includes having to wear a collar, Danny has been raised to be a lethal fighting machine who fights in illegal gladiator-style fight clubs, where he earns lots of money for Bart as the undisputed champion. After a car accident that lands Bart in a coma, however, Danny meets a kind elderly blind piano tuner (Freeman) on the run because he knows secrets some bad guys don't want known, who uses music to teach Danny some things about the world and about being human.

Thanks for the trailer!

Kaiser "The Devil" Soze
Yeah, so I guess now it is just a waiting game... Kill Bill comes out soon so I must catch that action flick first.

Quentin Tarantino’s Kill Bill 2 is going to be awesome! It's also in my to see list.