Michael Myers vs. Pinhead

Tools    

I read on this website with a list of upcoming theatrical releases and it said in like 2006 Michael will battle Pinhead....heres what it said.

HELLOWEEN: This new horror outing will pit Halloween’s Michael Myers against Hellraiser’s Pinhead.

What do you think lame?

Dee Snider from Twisted Sister came up with this so it might not be too good. And plus it should've been Michael Myers vs. Jason Vorhees in the first place. Maybe Freddy vs. Pinhead, but not Michael Myers.
And found he was eating his shoe.

Too bad Abbot and Costello weren't still alive. I would've paid to see that.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
Too bad Abbot and Costello weren't still alive. I would've paid to see that.
They could always get penn and teller

Messenger from Hades' Gate
As I said in another thread, this movie could only be good if they actually put some thought into and not make it just another slasher film.

GOOD IDEA (In my opinion): Flashback to Young Michael who solves the box and meets Pinhead in Hell. Pinhead claims Mikey's soul and merges it with the demon Thorn (mentioned briefly in H6: Curse of Mike). Now, back to modern times. Pinhead notices that Mikey isn't going after his bloodline anymore, but now is torturing people on reality TV, while he still has Lori's son to go after and little Stephen from H6 (in custody of Tommy Doyle). Pinhead tries to get Mikey back on track.

BAD IDEA (In my opinion): Pinhead and Michael compete to see who can kill more people and then start attacking each other when they run out of mortals to kill.

Actually that would be good to have michael solve that box and everything, it could show how he got all evil and stuff and be able to properly connect pinhead to michael. But with the way things have been lately, they will probably use the bad idea. But then they would have to involve the box, so they would have to put in a bunch of horny, drunk teenagers (who else?) and have them get the box and then pinhead will show up, but it will probably be in haddonfield so then he gets in on michaels victims and then they duel it out. Just like your bad idea but slightly tweeked......still makes a bad movie. So I hope if this movie is made the people will be smart enough to not make it really crappy, but thats not likely to happen.

So I'll have to wait like everyone else, and wait till I see the preview (if its actually made) then We'll have to start a new thread and ask everyone what they think of the new movie. And then some people will want to see it because of pinhead, and some will want to see it because of michael, and then after everyone sees it they will all come back and say how bad it was (so i dont have to bay 10 bucks to go see it myself).

Originally Posted by suppression
As I said in another thread, this movie could only be good if they actually put some thought into and not make it just another slasher film.

GOOD IDEA (In my opinion): Flashback to Young Michael who solves the box and meets Pinhead in Hell. Pinhead claims Mikey's soul and merges it with the demon Thorn (mentioned briefly in H6: Curse of Mike). Now, back to modern times. Pinhead notices that Mikey isn't going after his bloodline anymore, but now is torturing people on reality TV, while he still has Lori's son to go after and little Stephen from H6 (in custody of Tommy Doyle). Pinhead tries to get Mikey back on track.

BAD IDEA (In my opinion): Pinhead and Michael compete to see who can kill more people and then start attacking each other when they run out of mortals to kill.
surely that would affect the whole Halloween series with a young mike and possibly ruin them as it would change the whole angle of the story

I think this idea is on the dvd or some1 sed it but its an alternate ending from Freddy vs. Jason where Freddy and Jason are at Camp Crystal lake fighting and the lake is drained which opens up hell where they continue to fight. As they are fighting chains come up and imprison them and Pinhead appears and says 'allow me to settle this struggle' or something. No Mike but it is quite a good way to involve Pinhead

Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp
surely that would affect the whole Halloween series with a young mike and possibly ruin them as it would change the whole angle of the story
What angle is that exactly?

Originally Posted by bloodydreamer
What angle is that exactly?
The random killing of his sister, all his motives, and would just interfere with Halloween series too much. The story should be unrelated to previous films as in follow on from them, dont mess with the established plot

Well it wasn't exactly random, he later went after his other sister (laurie). all the killings he did were in order to get to people in his family. But perhaps it should'nt be made that he goes after the bloodline of his family (for the sake of argument) and that he was sent to kill a bunch of people, but then how would that explain why pinhead gets mad and has to set him straight? He's killing to many and cutting in on pinheads kills? That would be way too close to freddy vs jason. But maybe I missread what you said...

Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp
I agree on one hand that it could take some steam out of the Michael killing machine in the following way: We know what Michael does (kill his relatives and people who happen to be in his way or near his house), but we still have no idea why. Answering that question might take away some of Michael's charm.

However, if the storyline writers aren't willing to take a few risks then I will cancel my further reservations to watch their movies. Nothing makes me angrier than when a "sequel" movie ends with life more or less exactly the same as it was when the movie started. My life doesn't stay the same for more than a few weeks at a times, movies need to reflect this part of life as well.

I think the whole "Michael solving the box as a kid" idea's definitely a winner, but I think if it's following a trend of "supernatural serial killer faces off with supernatural serial killer", then it'll just be crap. If it's not as mentally disturbing as Hellraiser, it won't work. If it's not as creepy and evil as Halloween (pre-H20), it won't work.

All I can say is they'd better think hard before making this. It'd be so much better for the writers to be saying "Hey, I've had an idea for a great story! It kind of combines two movies that have already been made, but if we can make the storylines flow together in the same vein as the originals did, then we could turn this into a dark, twisted horror classic..." than the more obvious choice of "Hey, I've had an idea that'll make us rich! how about we make two other supernatural movie slashers go face to face? It'd be SO funny!".

But I bet we all know which way this'll go...

Sparky xXx

Originally Posted by Frank Castle
I'm still keeping my first bet Michael v.s. Jason. It just seems right

Yeah, that would've been better. And I too like the idea of Michael figuring out the box when was a kid.

Originally Posted by Mako Eyes
I think the whole "Michael solving the box as a kid" idea's definitely a winner, but I think if it's following a trend of "supernatural serial killer faces off with supernatural serial killer", then it'll just be crap. . .

. . .But I bet we all know which way this'll go...

Sparky xXx

I couldn't agree more. This is going to sound really terrible to all the die hard slasher fans, but I would gladly go with just one or two people dying in this movie in exchange for a solid, dark, really scary plot. The idea of two immortals hacking away at each other doesn't measure up to that.

the movie cant be camp as they are both dark characters and the plot needs to be serious, not focus on killing random ppl. I think Mike solving the puzzle box is a good idea but im not convinced that it wont ruin the original Halloweens

Originally Posted by suppression
I couldn't agree more. This is going to sound really terrible to all the die hard slasher fans, but I would gladly go with just one or two people dying in this movie in exchange for a solid, dark, really scary plot. The idea of two immortals hacking away at each other doesn't measure up to that.
definatley. the plot will make or break this film. i love all the halloweens incl.h20. it sounds stupid but i want there to be many more sequels and if they make a crap story which wont coincide with previous or future michal myers films it will be crap. although i do like there to be a few killings and gory deaths in sasher movies.

wait one second wut is this puzzel box u guys r talkin about? i thought i was a real fan of Halloween but i guess im not since i dont no wut the box is.

well anyway i think michael vs. pinhead is a bad idea because even though Michael is stronger than any human he can still easily die and pinhead is like the ruler of hell so michael would be like screwed and i cant think of a way that could be made into a movie michael would jus die right away how would he fight back. what i do think they should do is have a freddy vs. jason vs. michael thing but only if they get John Carpentur and Wes craven to do it because that would be the only way to get my faith back in the Halloween series because resurrection sucked. for the story line to that i think they should do somethin similiar to freddy vs jason and have freddy mess wit Michaels head and make him think that Jason is related to him so he goes after him meanwhile freddy is jus watching as they fight and strikes later in the movie. i think that would be hot.

Originally Posted by MichaelMyers
wait one second wut is this puzzel box u guys r talkin about? i thought i was a real fan of Halloween but i guess im not since i dont no wut the box is.
As a fan of Halloween, you didn't miss a thing by not knowing about the box. The box came from the Hellraiser series and I've only seen the original Hellraiser (so others can correct me as I go wrong, and I probably am since I only saw the editted for TV version on FX), but the box is a little puzzle box which, if solved, opens the door to Hell.

The idea of Mikey solving it as a child would be a way of combining Halloween and Hellraiser mythologies and give a plausible reason why these two would even know (or care) that the other existed, and it would attempt to answer the question of how Mikey got the demon Thorn in him to begin with (H6).

That's all!