Movie very like “man who fell from earth” - pays for food with diamond

Tools    

Hi, I remember a film with a plot very like the “Man Who Fell From Earth” (also Starman) which was an American TV film from maybe the 1980s with a scene in which the visitor goes to a restaurant for his first meal and enjoys the food so much he gradually orders every dish on the menu and when the bill comes he has no money but he gives the waitress a diamond to cover the cost. He is able to eat so much food because when he gets full he rubs a crystal gizmo on the back of his neck, and his ability to eat so much amazes his fellow diners. I tried google searches and movie search sites but with no luck at all. Many Thanks!

Hi, I remember a film with a plot very like the “Man Who Fell From Earth” (also Starman) which was an American TV film from maybe the 1980s with a scene in which the visitor goes to a restaurant for his first meal and enjoys the food so much he gradually orders every dish on the menu and when the bill comes he has no money but he gives the waitress a diamond to cover the cost. He is able to eat so much food because when he gets full he rubs a crystal gizmo on the back of his neck, and his ability to eat so much amazes his fellow diners. I tried google searches and movie search sites but with no luck at all. Many Thanks!
Don't forget there was a Starman TV series as well, so it might be that.

I watched the pilot of hard time on earth, and episode two, nice show thanks- but it is not the one!

its straight scfi- like a remake of the man who fell to earth or starman or hand time on planet eart.

I think there's scenes in The Day The Earth Stood Still that has the alien visitor using diamonds as currency.
I remember there were people in the movie thinking the stranger was a thief, not realising he was actually an alien.