DVD Collector's Suggestion...

Tools    

Ready!Set!Go!...Er..Actio n!
I have a ton of DVD's, (ok, only about 120 but growing by about two or three new ones per payday) and they tend to take up a lot of room that I just don't have to spare.

So what I did was got a huge CD album (250 slots) and took the cover art out of the DVD cases, slipped them and the DVD's into the albums pages and boxed up the cases.

Nice and tidy to flip through and find the movie I want, less chance of getting scratched by not wanting to fumble around with the safety thingie in the case.

When my collection gets bigger than my current album I intend to start sorting them into collections: Humor, Horror, etc. Each in it's own album.

Now, if I could only do the same thing with the 98 VHS's I still own....

How did you get the cover art to fit in the slots?

I sorta misspoke...

You know the inside cover sheet that is a copy of the cover art then you flip it over for the scene selections? That's what I used, with some careful editing. (ie, yes, I cut it! )

Sorry for the confusion!

I just keep mine in the cases.

A novel adaptation.
And away we go.

What's been up with you lately Silver? Any time someone says something you get pissed off about it. Doesn't seem to matter what either.

You've taken my perfectly nice thread and gotten all dirty!

*whips out the Lysol and the rolled up newspapers*

Shoo, now, shoo!

In the interests of on-topicness...

Behave, children!

...I have a friend who stores his divids much as you do, PS. I think it's neat. I'd do it if I could ever remember to pick up one of those CD holder thingies--although I don't think I'd put the booklets in there, as well. I'd just put the divid in there nekkid, and store the cases in a box somewhere as you did.

Sorry.

A question for someone like Holden, when you have so many DVDs, how do you store them all? In their cases, like jrs' so-called "normal people", or some other way? Do you put them on a shelf? In draws?

I find myself getting very paranoid about jewel and slip cases. Fraying, breaking, getting dusty. Is there a better way?

Is there?

A novel adaptation.
I think the original plastic cases and a nice bookshelf are the best way.
I truly can't imagine ripping up the inserts, and even removing the discs from the boxes would eliminate some of the mystique for me.

Yeah, I've just got them in their cases on shelves, like books or records or CDs or LDs or cereal.

What a fascinating subject! How do people here fold their towels?
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra