The Rum Diary

Tools    

I must become Caligari..!
Depp and Del Toro are back with another Hunter S. Thompson Adaptaion. This time of Hunters first book The Rum Diary.

Benicio is directing and Josh Hartnett and Nick Nolte have also been cast.

i can't wait.

IMDB Site
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

I think that without Gilliam directing it just won't be the same.

Originally Posted by projectMayhem
I think that without Gilliam directing it just won't be the same.
Hey, I'm new to movieforums.com, i was just looking for some news regarding the status of the "Rum Diary" film, and i saw this quote...
Having read both Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, as well as the Rum Diary, its pretty clear that the overall mood and tones of the two stories are quite different. Gilliam's portrayal of F&L was outstanding to say the least, but a similar approach to a film adaption of The Rum Diary would be inappropriate. I'm not too familiar with Benicio Del Toros directing capability (as he is credited as the director at IMDB) so i couldnt tell you if i think he would serve Hunter S. Thompson justice. Regardless, I do expect that i will be greatly pleased with the final resuts whenever this film is released.
If anyone else, though, has any solid news or updates to share on "The Rum Diary," it would be appreciated.

Keep it real,
"NaStY NaDz"