Best Movie Commentaries of All Time?

Tools    

Just wondering if anyone had any recommendations as i thoroughly enjoy listening to them
You don't have to be the bad guy. You are the most talented, most interesting, and most extraordinary person in the universe. And you are capable of amazing things. Because you are the Special. And so am I. And so is everyone. -Emmet, The Lego Movie.

All available Terry Gilliam commentaies, a listen into the mind of a maverick.

Early Kevin Smith DVDs are hilarious. He, Jason Mewles, and Ben Affleck are outright hysterical. Matt Damon holds his own too.

Just wondering if anyone had any recommendations as i thoroughly enjoy listening to them
Good question. Ridley Scott's first Alien commentary comes to mind. I also love all the ones with John Carpenter and Kurt Russell.

The Region 2 Commentary of Big Trouble in Little China with Carpenter and Russell is brilliant, like sitting with two dudes just taking regular stuff like their kids going to baseball and ice hockey before realising their doing an audio commentary, priceless
Good question. Ridley Scott's first Alien commentary comes to mind. I also love all the ones with John Carpenter and Kurt Russell.

Tropic Thunder
another ace funny one with Robert Downey Jr still in character until the dvd commentary finishes which he specified he would do as his character in the film itself.

Yeah, agree with the Carpenter/Russell ones. Two friends talking about their time on the film.
Ridley on Alien is cool as well. You can hear him sparking up cigarettes every 15 seconds.

The Grey is funny at times. The director even has a pop at one of the producers
Dog Soldiers is funny as hell.
Slither (James Gunn) is good too.

LOTR Extended Cut Trilogy is by far the best I've seen.
There's like 5 or 6 commentary tracks for each movie and they're really detailed as well.

All available Terry Gilliam commentaies, a listen into the mind of a maverick.
I didn't like the lack of attention given to Michael Kamen's score on Munchausen, but aside from that I think it was an okay commentary.

The Region 2 Commentary of Big Trouble in Little China with Carpenter and Russell is brilliant, like sitting with two dudes just taking regular stuff like their kids going to baseball and ice hockey before realising their doing an audio commentary, priceless
The Thing's a belter as well. Especially Kurt Russell's impression of "I'll kill you!"