My Favorite TV Theme Songs/Opening Credit Sequences

Tools    

I thought it was time to take a look at something that, believe it or not, is becoming obsolete. I don't know exactly when it started, but TV theme songs and opening credits have pretty much become a thing of the past...nowadays on episodic television, we get an opening scene, the title of the show is flashed across the screen, and then the credits are done in a crawl at the bottom of the screen during the next scene, so you have to watch the first scene and read the credits at the same time...so much work! Remember the days when TV shows actually had a theme song and the opening credits were played over that music? Now some shows stuck to the same theme/credit sequence for their entire run, but some longer running shows would update their theme/credit sequence in order to accommodate cast changes and other issues. I will try to mount multiple themes from a single show if I can locate them. So get ready for my favorite TV theme songs/opening credits:

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
Oh, I do hope you have some really good ones on here. I even have those Television's Greatest Hits records. The whole collection. I love TV themes. It is a shame that shows rarely have them nowadays.

Some shows have/had fantastic themes. I have some in mind right now, I'm curious to see if you'll name any of them. Also, I wouldn't mind seeing a tourney based on this. Has there been one yet? I'd be all the way in.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Some shows have/had fantastic themes. I have some in mind right now, I'm curious to see if you'll name any of them. Also, I wouldn't mind seeing a tourney based on this. Has there been one yet? I'd be all the way in.

Yes, there has been one. Here's the link to it if you want to check it out:

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=42073

My favourite is Doctor Who, which has many very good title sequences and one of the best themes ever (David Arnold's being the best modern interpretation, although not used on TV). My particular favourite is the 'star tunnel' used for Jon Pertwee's last season, which opens with elongated stars zooming towards the camera.

My favourite is Doctor Who, which has many very good title sequences and one of the best themes ever (David Arnold's being the best modern interpretation, although not used on TV). My particular favourite is the 'star tunnel' used for Jon Pertwee's last season, which opens with elongated stars zooming towards the camera.
Let me put you out of your misery now...I have never watched Doctor Who so it will not be appearing on this list.

One Life to Live

On the first shot, I found my favorite opening sequence from the now defunct daytime drama...that's Peabo Bryson singing the theme.

All My Children

I liked the hand opening the book but the show really needed to update their theme after several years and this was my favorite update.

The Fall Guy

This was a severely underrated show as was the theme song...BTW, that is the star of the show, Lee Majors, singing the theme...love that the theme references Farrah.

S.W.A.T.

This was a very popular show, but personally, I thought the theme song was the best thing about it...it even got top 40 radio play for awhile. It was written by Barry De Vorzon.

Let me put you out of your misery now...I have never watched Doctor Who so it will not be appearing on this list.
As Frank Castle would say, "let me put you out of my misery".