Movies That Need Alternate Cuts

Tools    

Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2.

Order of the Phoenix and Deathly Hallows Part 2 would have scenes featuring Snape calling Lily "Mudblood" and her refusal to accept his apology. Deathly Hallows would have a scene where Harry repairs his old wand before disposing of the Elder Wand. Order of the Phoenix would have an extended shootout through the rooms of the Department of Mysteries.

Half Blood Prince would have more scenes in the Penseive where Harry views more of Voldemort's past.

List, name, or describe films that you feel should have alternate cuts, be it Director's Cuts or otherwise.
Well, one of my favourite scenes in film is Darkness coming through the mirror in Legend. Now as I knew it originally the film was scored by Tangerine Dream. Later I discovered that there was a Jerry Goldsmith version of the score, and in fact the scene in question goes on a lot longer. The difference is significant, because in the extended scenes Darkness is more sympathetic, essentially just through extra dialogue that softens his approach. It would be good to see those extra scenes with Tangerine Dream's music, which is my preference for the film. I haven't seen Ridley Scott's preferred version (with Goldsmith's music) so there may well be other extra bits that I don't know about.

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.

Okay, it hasn't been released yet, but when I heard it was basically a grittier war film I was so pumped. Then I heard about 40% of the film entering reshoots on a tight schedule and mainly fixing the tone. No risks as always.

So yeah, I would love to see a serious war film with a Star Wars theme.

Boldly going.
The Hobbit trilogy edited down to 2 movies.

I think Ghost (1990) from Molly's point of view might be interesting.

Kill Bill Part 1. I thought some of the fight scenes went on way too long.

Man of Steel. The Krypton scenes should've been cut down to 5 minutes. Superman's battles with Zod and the others were too long as well ... I got tired of watching them get thrown into stuff.

I have to return some videotapes...
I would love to see the rough cut of the footage they filmed on Back to the Future with Eric Stoltz. I don't know I think it would be interesting. I would also like to see Josh Trank's version of Fantastic Four because the only scene I liked is where they used horror themes in the film, which if you didn't know was his original take on the film. Finally, I would love to see all the footage filmed during the shoot of The Shining because I absolutely love that film and I just find it fascinating with all the trivia and the 500 day shoot. Kubrick was a genius.

Please hold your applause till after the me.
Even though I absolutely love Inside Out, I want to see a either a strictly outside cut, where we just see RILEY on the outside and actually get to wonder what's going on inside her head. Or, an ending where we see RILEY grow up and see the emotions grow up with her.

want to see a either a strictly outside cut, where we just see RILEY on the outside
That would be really boring IMO. The stuff going on in Riley's life was pretty generic it was the emotions that made it interesting.

Or, an ending where we see RILEY grow up and see the emotions grow up with her.
I'd like to see that too.

I have to return some videotapes...
Even though I absolutely love Inside Out, I want to see a either a strictly outside cut, where we just see RILEY on the outside and actually get to wonder what's going on inside her head. Or, an ending where we see RILEY grow up and see the emotions grow up with her.
I don't know if that's really an alternate cut and more just another movie. If you mean only the outside scenes in the film, I think someone edited them together on Vimeo or something.

PROMETHEUS - I know Ridley must be hiding at least 30 mins of footage somewhere, come on Sir just release the ultimate cut already!!!

I don't know if they exist or not, but this a quick list of films of which I would love to see a director's cut:

Pulp Fiction

Nashville

Gone Girl

Blazing Saddles

Dr. Strangelove: Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

The Dark Knight Rises

Iron Man

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

Network

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Rear Window

The Birds

Scream

I don't know if they exist or not, but this a quick list of films of which I would love to see a director's cut:

Gone Girl
What would you like to see changed in "Gone Girl"? 'cos I think it's great as it is.