Pirates of the Caribbean

Tools    

... has 2 new reviews up on Ain't It Cool News. They're pretty positive and basically identitfy the movie for what we've all figured it is: a really fun summer popcorn movie.

I'm looking forward to seeing it. Johnny Depp is the man in these roles and Geoffrey Rush looks like he's having an awesome time in the trailers.

Apparently Disney has given it the go-ahead with the PG-13 rating which is the first PG-13 Disney has ever put out before. I'm glad they aren't sacrificing actions sequences for kiddie cash. I think the movie has a lot of potential as a summer action hit.

This Looks Like A Pretty Good Flick ,can't Wait To See It, I Think Johnny Depp Is A Great Actor.

seen the short and I cant wait for it.

"I'm your hell, I'm your dream.......I'm nothing in between.......You know you wouldn't want it any other way".........

"Listen, when I slap you, you'll take it and like it"..........Humphrey Bogart..........Maltese Falcon.......

Graze on my lips and if those hills be dry, stray lower, where the pleasant fountains lie...........William Shakespeare.......

I heard that Johnny Depp steals the entire show with his performace.

Anti-Poser
Apparently Disney has given it the go-ahead with the PG-13 rating which is the first PG-13 Disney has ever put out before. I'm glad they aren't sacrificing actions sequences for kiddie cash. I think the movie has a lot of potential as a summer action hit.
What about Pearl Harbor?

Hi
I'm looking forward to Keira Knightly

Originally Posted by Tuna
I'm looking forward to Keira Knightly
heh. You and half of the country. Have you seen her abs? Holy crap.

Can't wait to check this movie out. I'm definitely planning on seeing it this week.

To answer Maduka's question, whereas "Pearl Harbor" was indeed rated PG-13, it was produced by Touchstone Pictures, the adult production arm of the Walt Disney Company. Indeed, both Touchstone Pictures and Miramax, which is a subsidiary of the Walt Disney Company, have not only produced films rated PG-13, but also R-rated films.

A novel adaptation.
So everyone's heard Johnny Depp saying he based Captain Jack Sparrow off of Keith Richards, but I think it's all crap, and anyone who remembers a picture he did a couple years back I think will agree with me.

Ladies and gentleman, meet Captain Hunter S. Thompson:
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	PiratesCN-36-6.JPG
Views:	290
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	1379  

Didn't see it.
I saw it. It was very good.

I'd be open to a sequel if Johnny came back. He was phenomenal in this. Completely magnetic. I could not take my eyes off him.

This was a great movie. The dialogue was quick and relatively witty. The action scenes were fun and the characters were great. The two sets of comedic relief (2 pirates and 2 guards) were placed well. Although that wooden eye thing still gives me the shivers.

Still... I'd pay money to see it again.

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
I wouldn't mind a sequel, as I loved both Depp and Rush....I really loved Depp....two of my fav actors...but I'm of topic now. I wouldn't mind a sequel, but I think this would work better as a stand alone film.

I doubt they'd be able to find a villian to equal Rush. He was great.

What would the sequel be about anyway? The first one spent an extra 10 mins wrapping the story up (some critics said it went on too long, but I loved every second).

Would it be Depp vs. Rush's undead monkey?

The film was truely great though.

I loved POTC. I simply do not see anywhere it can go at all. The first has to stand alone and mostly all other sequels, it is not a great idea. It all comes down to money of course, when the idea of any sequel is thought of. This time it's not needed.

It is a great movie, and they shouldn't mess it up with a quickly thrown together sequel. If they have something good however, I wouldn't mind seeing it. I just can't imagine though.....

Originally Posted by jrs
I loved POTC. I simply do not see anywhere it can go at all. The first has to stand alone and mostly all other sequels, it is not a great idea. It all comes down to money of course, when the idea of any sequel is thought of. This time it's not needed.

I anticipated this movie long ago when somebody first mentioned it on this board. I absolutely loved this movie and saw it twice already. When the movie ended, I actually was praying there would be a sequel. LOL. I liked it so much, I wanted more! But a sequel can be made if I'm not mistaken. At the end when Captain Jack Sparrow "rode off into the sunset", one of the guys said something along the lines of "what about Captain Jack Sparrow?" Then the guy said "we can give him a day head start". So I actually thought they were leaving it open for a sequel. I hope it is made. jrs, is this confirmed that they are making a sequel? Or is it heresay? Thanx!

Originally Posted by zerious
heh. You and half of the country. Have you seen her abs? Holy crap.

Can't wait to check this movie out. I'm definitely planning on seeing it this week.
Foxystar032, "Thank God someone else finally notices Kiera's abs!"

Enemies are so stimulating.
Originally Posted by Beale the Rippe
It is a great movie, and they shouldn't mess it up with a quickly thrown together sequel. If they have something good however, I wouldn't mind seeing it. I just can't imagine though.....
yeah i agree with that actually...when i had seen it i was thinking, 'god dam that film ****ing ruled!' i just loved johnny depp in it and i was looking forward to seeing geoffrey rush in it just coz he looked so cool in the trailers. i definatly enjoyed pretty much every moment of the film. anyway as i was going to say about the sequal thing. i really do hope they dont do some really rushed thing. in fact i think it would be a really good stand alone film but you know what the industry is like. they see that something works and they milk it for all they can. if they do decide to make a second one lets hope it has a decent story and some character develpment. and of course a good reason for needing to carry on with the story.

I don't have Parkinson's. I inherited my shaking head from my grandfather Hepburn. I discovered that whisky helps stop the shaking. Problem is, if you're not careful, it stops the rest of you too. My head just shakes, but I promise you, it ain't gonna fall off!