Horror Movie Mash-Up/Crossover Possibly Coming Soon

Tools    

Bruce Campbell himself has made comment that there might be a Horror Movie Mash-Up in the works.

"Yeah! Never say never. I have a script that I'm working on that would pretty much be that. It's not ready to share at this point. It's in the pipeline, I guess you could say. I've always wanted to do the Expendables of Horror type movie. Because I always run into all my horror buddies at conventions. It would be fun to do a movie that pretty much has all of them in it."
- Bruce Campbell

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2015/03/...xternal,manual

Judging by the pic on this website, we may be looking at Ash (Evil Dead), Freddy Krueger, Jason Voorhees, Michael Myers, Leatherface, and maybe more, all in one film.

Might be fun, but probably won't.
Freddy Vs Jason was utter tosh and all the recent sequels and prequels, reboots and remakes are, simply, gash.

I can't help but think these characters are far too outdated for any new films based on them, and have run their course several times over.

Thoughts?

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Aren't the "characters" owned by different companies? The reason why the Expendables worked was because of the actors, not the characters.

Do mass audiences care who's behind the mask? Jason has been played by numerous people.

Aren't the "characters" owned by different companies?

Do mass audiences care who's behind the mask? Jason has been played by numerous people.

This reminds me of what Fred Dekker did with The Monster Squad for MGM. He got around the copyright of using the classic Universal Monsters by altering their appearance slightly. Not sure how that would work with the 80's slasher icons, but it's certainly doable. The Monster Squad is a fun flick, but I doubt something like this could generate the same magic. It would all depend on the treatment.