Happy Birthday, Neil Diamond!

Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

Neil Diamond - Singer, songwriter who has sold over 125 million records worldwide, making him one of the world's best-selling artists of all time. He has had eleven No. 1 singles on the Hot 100 and Adult Contemporary charts: "Cracklin' Rosie", "Song Sung Blue", "Longfellow Serenade", "I've Been This Way Before", "If You Know What I Mean", "Desiree", "You Don't Bring Me Flowers", "America", "Yesterday's Songs", "Heartlight" and "I'm a Believer". He starred in the 1980 remake of the Al Jolson classic The Jazz Singer, and while the the movie was not a hit, the soundtrack had three Top 10 singles, "Love on the Rocks", "Hello Again" and "America". He was nominated for a Golden Globe Award for his role in the movie. His hit song "Heartlight", was inspired by the blockbuster 1982 movie E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial. In 2000, he received the Sammy Cahn Lifetime Achievement Award. In 2011, he was an honoree at Kennedy Center. In 1984, he was inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame. In 2007, he was inducted into the Long Island Music Hall of Fame. In 2011, he was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. On August 10, 2012, he received a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

Neil Diamond - I Am... I Said

Neil Diamond - September Morn

Neil Diamond - Heartlight

Neil Diamond - Love on the Rocks (from The Jazz Singer

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	neil-diamond-playing-live.jpg
Views:	2734
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	19674   Click image for larger version

Name:	Neil-Diamond-Bang-Years-1024x1024.jpg
Views:	3175
Size:	243.8 KB
ID:	19675   Click image for larger version

Name:	Neil-Diamond-Melody-Road.jpg
Views:	1501
Size:	139.8 KB
ID:	19676  

VFN
Winter Calls Thy Name
Dry Your Eyes with The Band from The Last Waltz

Neil Diamond - Singer, songwriter who has sold over 125 million records worldwide, making him one of the world's best-selling artists of all time. He has had eleven No. 1 singles on the Hot 100 and Adult Contemporary charts: "Cracklin' Rosie", "Song Sung Blue", "Longfellow Serenade", "I've Been This Way Before", "If You Know What I Mean", "Desiree", "You Don't Bring Me Flowers", "America", "Yesterday's Songs", "Heartlight" and "I'm a Believer". He starred in the 1980 remake of the Al Jolson classic The Jazz Singer, and while the the movie was not a hit, the soundtrack had three Top 10 singles, "Love on the Rocks", "Hello Again" and "America". He was nominated for a Golden Globe Award for his role in the movie. His hit song "Heartlight", was inspired by the blockbuster 1982 movie E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial. In 2000, he received the Sammy Cahn Lifetime Achievement Award. In 2011, he was an honoree at Kennedy Center. In 1984, he was inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame. In 2007, he was inducted into the Long Island Music Hall of Fame. In 2011, he was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. On August 10, 2012, he received a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

Neil Diamond - I Am... I Said

Neil Diamond - September Morn

Neil Diamond - Heartlight

Neil Diamond - Love on the Rocks (from The Jazz Singer

Neil and I share the same birthday.