Goonies 2

Tools    

Might I ask why you are opposed? It's being done with the original cast and everything from the first in mind. Most sequels don't do that, especially not after such a long time.

Uh... how serious can you believe the director just saying that? It probably won't happen. Unless there's a direct-to-DVD/Blu-ray/digital Goonies 2 with a bunch of unknown child actors playing the new Goonies.

Uh... how serious can you believe the director just saying that? It probably won't happen. Unless there's a direct-to-DVD/Blu-ray/digital Goonies 2 with a bunch of unknown child actors playing the new Goonies.
Did you click the link I posted? It says the director wants to use the original cast.

Goonies did make my 80's list. I get really excited about this kinda stuff. I know they will probably screw this one up, but maybe, just maybe they get this one right(fingers crossed). I love Goonies but it sure my Dad thought this was stupid. So maybe if they are making this to be geared to kids we as adults might not like but kids may love it. Example: the remake of Willy Wonka I thought was ridiculously terrible and an insult to the original, but my nieces and nephews like it and prefer it to the original.(Crazy kids!) Just wondering how they are going to go about it like they mentioned in the TMZ article above, will the cast be reprising there roles or will they just do cameos? I think they should make it about their kids going on some magical journey. Each kid having some of the same characteristics as their parents. Brolin kid would kind of the mean older brother type, Austins kid would have asthma but tons of courage, Data's kid would have the gadgets, and so on and so on. But the key is to have all of the actors or most of them be involved in some way or another. They have the potential of making tons of money with this movie if the original cast is involved heavily because you will get the all the fans of the original and their kids going to see the it.

Did you click the link I posted? It says the director wants to use the original cast.
It's great to dream, but that doesn't mean it'll happen.

It's great to dream, but that doesn't mean it'll happen.
I don't know, I think he seemed pretty adamant about it. I'd say it's more likely than not, but then again, I could just be hoping too hard.

I've seen pictures of the guy who played "Chunk" and he's so thin now that there's no way he'd be able to do "The Truffle Shuffle." Unless he has a heavy-set kid that he's passed it down to.

Sean Astin was asked about a possible sequel and said "Not if, but when" to a Tulsa World reporter.
He also said that it's unknown if the original cast will be in it.

So, according to Astin, it's in the pipeline.

Sean Astin was asked about a possible sequel and said "Not if, but when" to a Tulsa World reporter.
He also said that it's unknown if the original cast will be in it.

So, according to Astin, it's in the pipeline.
Oh, they'll make another Goonies movie -- but this time, it'll be a group of girl Goonies instead of boys. Accurate prediction right there.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Oh, they'll make another Goonies movie -- but this time, it'll be a group of girl Goonies instead of boys. Accurate prediction right there.
Oh, I hope so, because the internet will just rage poop it's collective pants. And that will be hilarious.

Actually, count me in as a person who does not want to see a new Goonies. It's a flick I loved as a child. As an adult, it's a nice piece of nostalgia, but I've outgrown it quite a bit. And I'm sure that the actors from the original have too. Also, and this is important, the original Goonies was full of off color humor and cursing, something that nobody would allow today, even if it gave the film a shot of credibility. Let's leave the 80's in the 80's thanks.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Oh, I hope so, because the internet will just rage poop it's collective pants. And that will be hilarious.
I don't even care. I've never been a big fan of The Goonies. I just think an all girl version of The Goonies seems the most likely possibility. Who really cares about seeing the guys in their 40's? And if they just rebooted with new kids, I could just imagine them going, "Let's make them all girls!" I see it more as a direct-to-DVD thing.

It would be interesting if they had a female Sloth.