Bad Words - Jason Bateman

→ in
Tools    

"I am not gonna die sober!"
Bad words was a very original movie, from watching the trailer I had instantly become interested in this movie, the trailer shows what the story is about and shows a couple of the many cry worthy laughing moments. From watching the trailer I was confused to how a movie about a man joining the children's spelling bee championship would be able to hold up the level of interest for the 88 minutes it lasted, but I was surprised. The way this movie all folded together was very well directed and kept me interested throughout every minute of it.
Jason Bateman was great in this movie and succeeded greatly in fulfilling the role of the "genius douche" character.
The story of this film is also very interesting with a jaw dropping twist towards the end!

SPOILER ALERT

I didn't really like the way the that he let the kid win, I honestly expected him not to and found it stupid that he let the kid of whom he thought had betrayed him win.
I also did not like that you didn't get to see if Jason's dad made an effort with him after he found out, or even replied to the letter.

Apart from that, this movie was funny, interesting and damn right entertaining.

I would rate it a decent 7/10
"When an individual acquires great power, the use or misuse of that power is everything. Will it be used for the greater good or will it be used for personal or destructive ends? Now this is a question we must all ask ourselves." - Professor Charles Xavior [X-Men: The Last Stand]

Have been reading up on reviews on this. Sounds like typical Jason Bateman goodness. Will check it out.