Sci Fi Horror film from the 1980's - Help Needed !!

Tools    

Ok, I watched this film in the early 1980's. It was a kind of Sci Fi Horror about a group of people in a quest to kill a master of some sort and gain his supernatural power.

The group consists of various people with different fighting skills. Only one of the group could win, and they all get killed in different ways , usually by their own skills. For example one guy has these perspex throwing stars and one gets stuck into his arm. He tries to take it out but it breaks and you can see the broken piece moving up his arm under his skin.

Anyway they all die but two, and it turns out that the master with the power was among them in the first place, and he is sitting crossed legged with some hoops of laser-like light moving around him. The only other person kills him (by shooting him I think) and as the master dies he say's something like "You may have killed me, but you will never kill the power that is master". I would love to see this film again, but I don't know what it is called !! It's driving me nuts....please tell me the name !!

The doors of wisdom are never shut. - 'Socrates'
galaxy of terror 1981
Did you know that in the 1980s movie PREDATOR the titular character was not originally portrayed by Kevin Peter Hall. It was in fact Jean-Claude Van Damme donning a much more insect inspired full body suit before he left the production which then led to the recasting and redesigning of the famous hunter.

From the description, it seems to be a good movie. And wouldn't you know it... Netflix has this on streaming!

Thanks very much ! I was beginning to think that I had imagined it ;-)