Bomb's & Ballroom's

Tools    

Please bear with me my 'e' etiquette is not yet up to the mark, this is the first time I have posted here and I am sure I will improve.I have a request for any possible help in identifying a film, I have very little to go on and no cast names, mainly it is set on the coast in the UK during WW1 concerning the exploits of a unit of soldiers guarding an unexploded contact mine on the beach. A sub plot to the film is that the co is also an excellent ballroom dancer and at the local dance hall proceeds to accept a bet where he has eggshells pasted on to the heel's of his shoes, and completes a dance routine with a lady leaving the eggshells intact and winning the bet. The running time is about ninety minutes and I think it likely dates from the early to mid eighties.I would be very grateful for any help. Thank you.

Semper Fooey
I didn't notice this before. Could it be an episode of that British TV series, Danger UXB?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danger_UXB

Might be this episode:

"The Pier" (October 1943) - Susan and Ash get engaged once again following her husband's suicide. Ash's unit is relocated to Brighton. He is assigned a seaside pleasure pier that had been mined heavily in anticipation of the German invasion that never came in 1940. Ivor Rogers, now in overall command, tells Ash to delegate the work, but when a promising new officer under his command is killed by an unmarked mine, Ash goes back to work. While attempting to defuse one device, it explodes and badly injures him.