What if Strange Invaders (1983) was instead directed in 1985 by Sam Raimi?

Tools    

What foreign country would the what-if Strange Invaders be most popular?
25.00%
2 votes
UK
50.00%
4 votes
Japan
37.50%
3 votes
France
12.50%
1 votes
Germany
12.50%
1 votes
India
25.00%
2 votes
Thailand
8 votes. You may not vote on this poll

..... instead of the awful Crimewave.
Here is a short summary of who i think Raimi would've picked as the cast & crew for Strange Invaders and the budget he would've had it greenlit at:

Budget: $6.6 million

Cast:
Bruce Campbell .... Reed Charles
Lea Thompson .... Betty Walker
Ellen Sandweiss .... Margaret Newman (Reed Charles' old girlfriend)
Michael Lerner .... Willie Collins
Louise Fletcher .... Mrs. Benjamin
Scott Spiegal .... Brian
Theresa Tilly .... Waitress / Avon Lady
Kenneth Tobey .... Arthur Newman
Lulu Sylbert ... Elizabeth Charles
Ted Raimi .... Tim
Dan Shor - Teen Boy in Prologue
Dey Young - Teen Girl in Prologue
Jack Kehler - Gas Station Attendant
Mark Goddard - Detective
Thomas Kopache - State Trooper

Director:
Sam Raimi (of course)

Producers:
Richard P. Rubinstein
Gordon Carroll
David Giler
Walter Hill
Robert G. Tapert (associate producer)
Ronald Shusett (executive producer)

Screenplay and Story by:
Dan O'Bannon (screenplay)
Robert G. Tapert (screenplay)
Sam Raimi (story)

Music by:
John Addison

Cinematography:
Derek Vanlint
and
Louis Horvath

Editor:
Terry Rawlings

Special Make-up Effects Creator:
Rick Baker

Studio:
Brandywine Productions
Laurel Group (uncredited)

Distributor:
20th Century Fox

Running time:
100 mins

Film format:
35mm (2.35:1)

Sound mix:
Mono

NOTE: This is not for a real film, this is about a what if version of Michael Laughlin's 1983 sci-fi spoof film Strange Invaders which would've been directed by Sam Raimi and would've starred Bruce Campbell (although the main character and a couple others would've been college students), this is up for discussion so you can debate about the film's plot, popularity etc. Let the discussion begin.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
thats an insane amount of thought put towards a hypothitical surrounding a crappy flick.

wrappen my head around it isnt easy.

I still wonder what would've been more popular between this (What-if version of Strange Invaders) and Evil Dead.

Semper Fooey
What if Sam Raimi directed Gandhi and Sir Richard Attenborough directed Smokey and the Bandit?

Do any of you guys have ideas of what the U.S. poster and any foreign (U.K, Japanese, Thai, Indian, Polish, Turkish, Egyptian, Spanish etc) posters would've looked like? If so, tell me.

Also guys, if you've seen Strange Invaders and any of Bruce Campbell's movies then picture in your mind the film without Paul Le Mat in the lead role and with Bruce Campbell playing it, and with either Betsy Baker (who played Linda in Evil Dead 1) or even Lea Thompson (from Back to the Future) playing Betty, Rick Baker doing the makeup effects, Tom Savini doing a cameo, etc. Also picture Raimi directing this instead of Michael Laughlin and instead of doing Crimewave and Brandywine and 20th Century Fox giving Raimi an huge amount of creative control after they (Fox) saw Evil Dead and the huge sucess of Evil Dead (in Great Britian, that is)

Raimi and Campbell's careers would be rather different if all this happened.

Well, a Japanese poster would have japanese characters scribbled all over it. For an Indian poster, I would expect to see two smiling Indian men (at least). Egyptian cinema is almost non-existent. I'm not sure about the rest. What can I reply?

Do any of you guys have ideas of what the U.S. poster and any foreign (U.K, Japanese, Thai, Indian, Polish, Turkish, Egyptian, Spanish etc) posters would've looked like? If so, tell me.

Also guys, if you've seen Strange Invaders and any of Bruce Campbell's movies then picture in your mind the film without Paul Le Mat in the lead role and with Bruce Campbell playing it, and with either Betsy Baker (who played Linda in Evil Dead 1) or even Lea Thompson (from Back to the Future) playing Betty, Rick Baker doing the makeup effects, Tom Savini doing a cameo, etc. Also picture Raimi directing this instead of Michael Laughlin and instead of doing Crimewave and Brandywine and 20th Century Fox giving Raimi an huge amount of creative control after they (Fox) saw Evil Dead and the huge sucess of Evil Dead (in Great Britian, that is)

Raimi and Campbell's careers would be rather different if all this happened.
Ah yes, universe 64-B1.

Well, a Japanese poster would have japanese characters scribbled all over it. For an Indian poster, I would expect to see two smiling Indian men (at least). Egyptian cinema is almost non-existent. I'm not sure about the rest. What can I reply?
It's just a matter of re-adjusting the quantum variables.

Actually, a Japanese poster for the what-if version of Strange Invaders would've been just like the Japanese poster for Alien only thing is that would've photos of scenes and cast members from Strange Invaders and the title would have stated the film as been a sequel to Alien (Eirian 2: Chikyu-jo de), very strange. The Indian poster would have just used the U.S. poster art and would've replaced the PG-13 logo with the movie rating issued by India's Censor Board (Central Board of Film Certification).

You can reply with anything you want now, Tyler1.

You know, it's not very nice of you to only use your inter-dimensional travel device to bestow upon us information about movie posters. I wanna know who would've been President if Truman hadn't dropped the bomb, man, not what the crap Sam Raimi's up to.