Robot Movies

Tools    

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I was just watching Terminator 2, and I got to thinking about robots in movies. ("But the terminator was a cyborg!" That's my inner nerd talking.) What are some of the best movies about robots/cyborgs/etc.? My favorites:

Terminator 2: Judgement Day
A.I.: Artificial Intellegence
Robocop
Metropolis (anime)

Any others?

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Fighting out of the Lions Den
Gort from `The Day the Earth Stood Still` was always one of my favs-He didn`t exactly do much, but you just know that if it all kicked off, he`d have the last word .

As a kid of about 7, I watched `Westworld` for the first time-Yul Bryner freaked me out big time in that one
>(Side note:I hear that Arnie is looking to take that role in a remake.)

Also have a soft spot for Huey,Dewey & Lewey , stars of `Silent Running` .

Great call with Gort from Robert Wises Masterpiece THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL

The obvious choice would be Ridley Scott's BLADE RUNNER. Its littered with arguably the coolest cyborg's ever built....Rutger Hauer and Daryl Hannah for starters

Micheal Chricton's WESTWORLD- The original "Terminator". The Gunslinger played by Yul Bryner

Fritz Lang's METROPOLIS features one of the most imaginitive and influential robots ever.

Fred McClouds FORBIDDEN PLANET introduced Robbie the Robot and is a reworking of Shakespeare's THE TEMPEST

The cyborg doctor played by Ian Holm in the original ALIEN is a scary Robot and Bishop in ALIENS played by Lance Henriksen is very likeable.

Bryan Forbes THE STEPFORD WIVES with the obedient robotic replicants of the towns wives are replaced.

Richard Stanley's HARDWARE is a forgotten little slice of originality taht uses a killer robot to build a completly different kind of suspense to TERMINATOR

The ultimate in tacky killer robots is Wes Craven's DEADLY FRIEND

"gort! deglet ovrosco!"

i really liked the robots from miyazaki's 'laputa', and so by lineage, the robots from the old fleischer superman short, 'mechanical monsters'.

definately, definately, GORT the day the earth stood still was such a friggin awesome movie and altho (as previously mentioned) he didnt do much he still added so much to the movie

We're no longer called Sonic Death Monkey. We're on the verge of becoming Kathleen Turner Overdrive, but just for tonight, we are Barry Jive and his Uptown Five. -Jack Black (High Fidelity)

I just know they're coming to kill me.
Klaatu, borada, nikto. Classic movie. This is definently of of the greatest Robot Movies, "The Day the Earth Stood Still", let alone Science Fiction. But what about C-3PO and R2-D2? Those are classic robots. And Dexter from The Black Hole. Sure, the movie might have sucked, but you also had the sweet looking Daredevil-red robot, Maxamillion. You've got Robbie the Robot and Robot from Lost in Space. I dunno. There's a lot of them kind out movies out there, many made in the B movie era of the 1950's.

[1] Terminator
[2] Aliens

I See You When You're Sleeping
great avatar regex, ahhhhh.

Anyway I used to love this robot movie from 1984. The robot spiders used to give me nightmares!

Runaway

"A police officer specializes in runaway robots in the near future. When a robot becomes homicidal, he begins to unravel a mastermind's plot to create killer robot weapons, and then the policeman becomes a target himself."

Thanks

moomoobarhbarhbarh
short circuit's johnny5