Alternate Universe Poster Game!

Tools    

there's a frog in my snake oil
Myself and the right honourable genesis_pig were thinking this might be fun...

Reimagine a favourite film with different stars, director or plot, and make it a new/altered poster accordingly.

No need for suave shopping skills. We got the idea from THIS capital fella, but I don't think we need reach for the same stars.

By all means grafitti and redramatise the efforts of other Mofos. Just mess about

Here's one cheekily reworked from the aforementioned Hartter's Kurosawa/2001 (but let's stick to reworking pro posters or starting from scratch )

Here's an oh so subtle (IE lazy) idea that tickled my fancy...

If the ideas aren't flowing there's always the Replace the Cast and A Different Cast threads for inspiration

I made this..
I have put Voights face on Batman, it's too small to make out..
The picture I found of Bruce Dern was cropped on top, so had to recreate the hair on top.. that's the reason why it looks odd.

I didn't have many Batman costume pics to work here.. most of the movie ones would have not gone well here.
I chose this costume, Cos I think it would suit Kubrick's style.. Only thing the costume has to be a bit darker.

I don't mind making more, but I will start taking requests instead of doing my own..

Hah nice. A bit of the old ultra(gaudy)violence

Who's Guinness then? Alfred? Gordon?

Alfred for sure..
Not sure about who should play Gordon yet.. I wanted to cast Ryan O'neal as Bruce Wayne, but could hardly find a decent young pic of his online.
Since Ryan has worked with Kubrick, thought it would be good.

And Ryan & Dern shared excellent chemistry in Driver... Obvious choice for Joker would have been Malcom Mcdowell. Peter Sellers is Riddler..

Yeah but Voight could out gravel-voice any of today's young whippersnappers when in Batman mode

PS Sellers could play Commissioner Gordon & Batgirl too

Ohh yes, since it's a Kubrick film.. I think Sellers could play all the characters in the film..

BTW making Superhero posters are a pain, no wonder most of the superhero posters are lame.

The Silence of the Lambs with Paris Hilton and Rainn Wilson. Poster by Sexy Celebrity.

Mmmm, night vision.

That's class trash SC

Makes my silly superhero take seem very dull

*EDITED* Now with fedora

PS Soderberg so wouldn't play a comic book movie straight. And he so would use Matt Damon. Never know, that might actually work

I started off with very childish intentions for this (Rourke, high, snigger ), but actually, a 90s-noir Parker take on High Noon mighta been interesting

Cheers gp I was gonna do a few more 'convincer' things to it but my lunchbreak had already stretched into more of a lunch lounge by that point

Great job, guys. And now...

It's Pat: The Movie
Starring Sarah Palin as Pat
Lance Bass as Chris
and Betty White as Betty, Pat's neighbor

Oo, the 89th worst movie of all time, according to IMDb. Would the Palin version involve a blood libel against Betty? Maybe accusing all 'Whites' of gross sexual uncertainty?

"Live forever or die trying"
Lol, im sure hoping so. (sarcasm)

A Nightmare on Elm Street
Starring Robert Downey Jr. as Freddy Krueger

Hey I'd love to see new "alternate universe" posters, but can't you just make your own without changing the ones I spent time on doing from scratch? You have all the same tools I have, I didn't use any pre-existing posters to do mine. I loved the flick "Moon" and would love to see a fake poster, but did you really have to chop up my "2001" poster?

LOVE Kubrick's "Bat-man"

Hey Hartter, good to see you here... love your work (i.e. if you're the real guy)

Anyway I am sure Golgot meant no harm, he'll be here soon to reply about what he has to say..

See you around & thanks for commenting on my poster...
Also, would love to see you participate here.. you can just post links to your website with your new work.. also comment on ours.