Dear Mr. Gacy (2010)

→ in
Tools    

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.

Just saw this little gem (based on a true story) about a first-year college student who contacts and develops a relationship with serial killer John Wayne Gacy. Jason Moss is cocky, and figures he'll lure Gacy into a correspondence by coming off as a potential victim. Then he'll write a paper clueing everyone in on the inner workings of a monster. Problem is with these gosh darn serial killers, is that they are master mind-manipulators, which this inexperienced kid soon finds out.

The under-appreciated (IMHO) William Forsythe plays Gacy. It was pleasure to watch him play a character who skillfully manipulated and killed over 30 people.

The movie handles the raw horror with a deft touch to keep the focus more on the relationship between the two men. If you want gobs of gory details, go see SAW 17 or whatever number they're up to now.

Highly recommended by me. I enjoyed it as a suspenseful ride, and it was a good one.

Quid Pro Quo, Clarisse

15,000 feet above you and falling fast...
I just watched this movie 2 days ago, and here it is 2 days later, I'm still thinking about it. I agree that the idea behind Moss contacting Gacy was cocky but the more the movie progressed, all I could think about was the pure ambition that it took to pull it off. Can you imagine? I'm sure he never thought Gacy would respond much less develop a relationship with him. By the end, I was really impressed with Moss as a whole no matter how cocky he was in the beginning. The point of writing a paper like that is to learn something from it, that he certainly did.

Gacy was a master manipulator and in the end, meere hours before his death, he finally got it back from Moss. Maybe this is reading too much into it, but that's the kind of justice you can't buy and no court of law can render.

I couldn't agree more, this movie is a priority watch and well worth it.

I have this on my "too see" list... but it sounds like I might need to bump it up though... thanks guys...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)