starship troopers sequels

Tools    

hey ime just curious to know if the sequels to starship troopers are worth checking out ??

Never seen them, but I've heard the first sequel was decent, but the last one that came out was terrible.

If you haven't seen the animated TV show. I recommend it, it was nice.

But judging by your worst movies list (there were too many sequels in it), I'd advice you to stay away.
Instead why not watch something from the MoFo's scifi list.

It all depends on how much you like the original which I'm guessing is quite a bit or you wouldn't have created this thread.

I sat through both sequels as soon as they hit the dvd racks being a huge fan of Verhoeven's film and the genre as a whole.

Part 2 is easily the least of the series in my opinion. It tries to be a suspenseful mix between Night of the Living Dead and Invasion of the Body Snatchers with a new parasitic bug attacking a small platoon beseiged by arachnids whilst holed up during a storm. None of the original cast appear and the satirical humour that made the first one so great is disapointingly absent. The cut rate effects don't help either...even the guns look different.

Part 3 wisely brings back Casper Van Dien as Johnny Rico and attempts to reintroduce the humour with only varying results. There's more bug blasting action and gore than part 2, and the although the budget appears to be slightly bigger; it often looks over stretched. The likes of Amanda Donohoe cruising in a supporting role as a dominatrix like Admiral don't do it any harm though, and it definitely feels more like a Starship Troopers flick compared to part 2. What let's this one down is the ill conceived plot, and some embarrasingly bad CGI effects towards the end of the movie (I'm thinking about those stupid robot suits). It's just a bit too goofy (even for this series) and not quite intelligent enough to make imperialist satire funny...or fresh for that matter.

Hope that helps

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I would stick with the original and skip the other two. The second one was terrible.

Suspect's Reviews

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
No. 2 is definitely not worth watching, but No. 3 is an above average sequel which brings back Johnny Rico and recalls what the first Starship Troopers was all about.