Eddie Fisher, R.I.P.

Tools    

Eddie Fisher, one-time '50s crooning idol (just before the rise of Rock & Roll) who became much more (in)famous for his failed marriages to Debbie Reynolds, Elizabeth Taylor and Connie Stevens and later as the father of Star Wars icon and author Carrie Fisher, has died at the age of eighty-two. The initial Los Angeles Times notice is HERE (full obit to follow). The scandalous break-up between Eddie and Reynolds in favor of Liz was sort of the Brad/Jennifer/Angelina tabloid rocker of its day. Fisher was Taylor's fourth husband, between the death of producer Michael Todd and leaving him for Richard Burton (their first go-round), en route to her eight marriages.

R.I.P., Eddie
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Eddie&Debbie.jpg
Views:	19117
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	6850  
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Semper Fooey
I don't wish him rest in peace. He was a jerk. Every interview he gave that I read he would bad mouth his ex-wives, all of the famous ones including Connie, long before he wrote those nasty books. His publicist paid girls to scream at his performances (nobody had to pay girls to scream at Elvis' concerts). He couldn't act, and his voice faded quickly because of his druggy lifestyle.

I don't wish him rest in peace. He was a jerk. Every interview he gave that I read he would bad mouth his ex-wives, all of the famous ones including Connie, long before he wrote those nasty books. His publicist paid girls to scream at his performances (nobody had to pay girls to scream at Elvis' concerts). He couldn't act, and his voice faded quickly because of his druggy lifestyle.
I really didn't know too much about him other than I didn't care for his music and he had been married to Elizabeth Taylor... but after you posted, I read up on him a wee bit... and yeah, sounds like he was a pretty big jerk...

Being a jerk is hard work though, so even jerks need a chance to rest in peace.
True... and I didn't take back my RIP... hopefully if he does, anyone he made miserable on earth will too...