The A-Team

→ in
Tools    

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Over the top and ridiculous. It was fun.

Day 44: June 14th, 2010

The A-Team

Joe Carnahan does a good job at keeping the action intense and the pace of the film at a brisk pace. We only settle down for a minute here and there to catch our breath and advance that thing we like to call a plot. The film is predictable and by the numbers, but you can expect that. People seem to be hating on Carnahan, just like they did with Smokin' Aces. I liked both films. The A-Team isn't a critic film, it's a movie for action junkies who can appreciate unique ways of upping the ante.
Full Review Here.

Suspect's Reviews

I thought this was going to be terrible. A Terrible movie based on something I loved from childhood that if I saw now would also be terrible.

Why didn't anyone say it was directed by Joe Carnahan? That sh*t shoulda been all over every trailer for it. All that guy does is make bad-ass films from top to bottom. The movie was infinitely better, even without Mr. T, than all of the episodes.
Jesus! What a cool flick!

The dialogue and characterizations are quick, sharp and witty.
The action and plotline are fun, inventive and constantly moving forward.

It's just everything I had always thought a Summer Thrill-Ride Blockbuster should be and haven't seen them come out with for too long.

Now to see if the new Predator movie can do the same thing...

I still watch the show from time to time. Sounds like they may have caught some of the goofy fun that the show had going for it. Coolio.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
checking it out this weekend , I'm hoping they have better sucess at hitten pursuers from teh back of the van with automatic weapons than the TV version featured.

its a good thing the bad guys always wore their seatbelts, they always managed to crawl out relatively unscathed after flippen.

I'm glad to hear the producers chose to play it straight. I was worried it would be ala the Starsky and Hutch abomination.

Employee of the Month
Looking forward to see it, but don`t expecting that much. Good thing: My favourite character Face is played by Bradley "Hangover" Cooper.

How good is the guy playing Murdock? He was always my favorite character. I'm on the fence about seeing this one...I'm thinking it can't be any good, but it's getting surprisingly good reviews.