Who is the youngest film-maker till date?

Tools    

Kishan Shrikant of India is the youngest film-maker.

In 2007 he was just 11 and he has succeeded in contributing to the world cinema. His debutant film was ‘Footpath’. It was a film based on the life of the children living on India’s city streets. He has written the story of the film.

His film was shown at the 37th Giffoni Film Festival, in Campania, southern Italy.

Employee of the Month
Let me guess: You are a Bollywood-fanatic and you think that indian movies are underrated, compared to Hollywood-movies. It isn`t very helpful to open threads like these, without pictures and anything, about people, which only a very few people in the western world have ever heard of. What kind of reactions do you expect? "Yeah, cool? He is only eleven years old?" I´ll send you a PM, how to post pictures here.

Semper Fooey
So what?

You could give a five year old a camera and claim he made a movie.

What matters is making a feature film that actually is distributed in theaters and is well received. Otherwise saying an eleven or twelve year old made a movie is meaningless.

BANNED
Steven Spielberg was pretty young. I think it's all obviously very debatable, especially with the digital age. I could hand a 4 year old my camera and she could direct a one minute short about the life of a barbie doll you know? It much depends on what you're going to recognise as true 'directing'.

Spielberg was born in Cincinnati, Ohio, to a Jewish family. His mother Leah Adler was a restaurateur and concert pianist, and father Arnold Spielberg was an electrical engineer involved in the development of computers.[4] He spent his childhood in Haddon Heights, New Jersey and Scottsdale, Arizona. Throughout his early teens, Spielberg made amateur 8 mm "adventure" films with his friends, the first of which he shot at the Pinnacle Peak Patio restaurant in Scottsdale. He charged admission (25 cents) to his home films (which involved the wrecks he staged with his Lionel train set) while his sister sold popcorn.

In 1958, he became a Boy Scout, and fulfilled a requirement for the photography merit badge by making a nine-minute 8 mm film entitled The Last Gunfight.[5] Spielberg recalled years later to a magazine interviewer, "My dad's still-camera was broken, so I asked the scoutmaster if I could tell a story with my father's movie camera. He said yes, and I got an idea to do a Western. I made it and got my merit badge. That was how it all started."[6] At age 13, Spielberg won a prize for a 40-minute war film he titled Escape to Nowhere which was based on a battle in east Africa. In 1963, at age 16, Spielberg wrote and directed his first independent film, a 140-minute science fiction adventure called Firelight (which would later inspire Close Encounters). The film, which had a budget of US$500, was shown in his local cinema theatre and generated a profit of $1.[7] He also made several WWII films inspired by his father's war stories.