Old cartoon movie (Need title, i'd like to get it for the kids.)

Tools    

The movie is about either a grandfather racoon/or badger and his grand daughter who is sick. The granddaughters friends ( a male and female mice, a chubby hedgehog with green coveralls, and a nerdy coward mole with thick glasses) Have to set out on an adventure to find a rare flower that grows on the side of a cliff. They are making way through the forest when they come across backhoes and bulldozers that are nicknamed "fire breathers" to all the small animals in the forest. They eventually make their way to the cliff and find a colony of mice that help make a flying machine out of sticks and leaves as a helicopter like propeller and finally retrieve the flower. There is a lot in between all of this but this is the most i can really remember. I loved it as a child and i would like my children to see it. It had to of been made between 1985 and 1995. And i am not sure if it is a disney movie. Any help would be appreciated as i have been searching for this movie with my wife for years now. Thanks

-ARG

No, the secrets of nimh is more about mice, only two mice in the movie i'm talking about, and has a hedgehog and mole that venture with them. The colony of mice is later in the movie and they are optimistic about the friends being able to build the flying machine to reach the flower, so they sit by and watch them build it and it does work. Thanks though, its a step in the right direction.

Also there is a part where scientist in the woods wearing gas mask capture the mole character, but eventually let him go i think.

Thanks anyways Loner.

Holy smokes! Thanks you SO much! It's been a straight 4 years me and my wife have searched and searched for this movie. Thanks again, Very much appreciated!