A double bill question, recommendations wanted.

Tools    

Welcome to the human race...
Assuming I have access to a wide-screen TV and am planning on re-watching two films I've always wanted to watch on as big a screen as possible, which one do I watch first...

Lawrence of Arabia?

Or...

Once Upon a Time in the West?

Assuming I have access to a wide-screen TV and am planning on re-watching two films I've always wanted to watch on as big a screen as possible, which one do I watch first...

Lawrence of Arabia?

Or...

Once Upon a Time in the West?

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Do you also have primo stereo sound? That doesn't really matter, but are you going to try to watch these in one day or watch numero dos when you get around to it.? I think that Lawrence of Arabia is the better of the two, both as a film and a cinematic experience, if that makes any sense. So, do you want to start or go out with a bang? Besides that, Once Upon a Time in the West is pretty much an opera, as I said before elsewhere, but aside from perhaps 2001: A Space Odyssey, you did pick films which are very unique in having the visuals and music speak much louder than the dialogue, and yours are both longer than 2001. I hope this helps you out; if not, get more specific please.

No, that's fine, I just wanted a simple "one or the other" answer. I'm going to try and watch both in one day. Now that you mention it, I should try and cram in a viewing of 2001 while I'm at it. That's also been at the top of the pile of films I've been meaning to re-watch.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I obviously would have mentioned Days of Heaven in my last post, but it's barely over an hour and a half, so I let it pass. I've obviously had second thoughts if you want to arrange two double bills. You could put the shorter film on first each time and follow it up with the longer one. (Days of Heaven with Lawrence of Arabia and 2001 with Once Upon a Time... )

Nah, I think I'll only have time for what I've mentioned so far. Besides, copies of Days of Heaven are a little hard to come by around here.

If you had a real big HDTV widescreen television, The choice would had to be Lawrence of Arabia for the look of the movie itself. Its set pieces, the environment, the colors, the movie is worth choosing to watch on a huge screen from start to finish.

If you had a real big HDTV widescreen television, The choice would had to be Lawrence of Arabia for the look of the movie itself. Its set pieces, the environment, the colors, the movie is worth choosing to watch on a huge screen from start to finish.

D.O.T. or Department of Thunderness, as the government knows it, is quite awesome. How could a film taking place in a desert be better than a film about rubber black tires burning it up on a southern race track? Well it cannot.

How could a film taking place in a desert be better than a film about rubber black tires burning it up on a southern race track? Well it cannot.
Noone is saying any film is better than the other...we are comparing movies on a big screen TV.

I am the Nightrider!

followed by...

Strange Days
could just about, in fact, be the sequel to Brainstorm. This would be a great double-bill.

-UJ