Repo Chick

Tools    

there's a frog in my snake oil
Sequel to Repo Man slated to start filming

According to Production Weekly and peoples various. Including the self-funding director-producer 'imself

Cool Micro punk analysis of the credit crunch is almost precisely what we need

Well this could be pretty interesting. Thar first reporter sure is setting himself up to hate it though isn't he? At least the same guy is directing this. It will be interesting to see if he still has his edge 25 years later.

there's a frog in my snake oil
Originally Posted by Powdered Water
Well this could be pretty interesting. Thar first reporter sure is setting himself up to hate it though isn't he? At least the same guy is directing this. It will be interesting to see if he still has his edge 25 years later.
I think he's just worrying about the same thing, is Cox gonna be able to pull some anarchy out of thin air again, or will it just be a storm in a cider can? (Plus he's obviously heavily invested in the punk soundtrack. I imagine 25yrs worth of eclecticism will serve Cox well on that front tho - or as one of the comments suggests, he could just dig through some of the net's lo-fi/lo-budget oddity-offerings instead )

I've gotta admit i've never seen any of his other output, but he sparked the film bug in a lot of people like me when he helmed the Moviedrome series here in the UK - which suggests he'll have plenty of under-the-radar influences to draw on at the very least

I had a quick look at his blog and he still seems intermittently active and angry. And maybe even politically informed too... (A random net poster asserted that he foresaw Arnie's rise to power back in 1990, and lo and behold, digging through his archive suggests he sorta did )...

Originally Posted by Moviedrome Guide 1 (1988-1990)
[Arnuld]'s also a Republican and married to the daughter of one of America's most influential dynasties... ...Unfortunately, Arnold isn't a native-born American and so he can never be President, but he's still doing what he can.
---

Then again - i believe someone else called him the British John Carpenter. And look what happened there

Well if that's the case then it should be pretty well received around here eh? Quite a few folks on this board seem to think Carpenter is some kind of genius. I'm not one of them but whatever.

I have only seen one of his other flicks, Sid and Nancy, (own it actually, not that that means anything really) and I thought that was pretty good although that's probably because of Oldman more than Cox. Oldman is just one of those guys I like in just about everything.