Watchmen...2?

Tools    

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Found this on RottenTomatoes today

Patrick Wilson is out promoting Lakeshore Terrace this week, and so of course, Watchmen comes up (in which he stars as the second Night Owl), but what he shared with MTV is borderline blasphemous: Warner Bros is considering concocting some sort of Watchmen 2 (!). The problem with this is that Watchmen is a self-contained work that Alan Moore really didn't follow up, outside of miscellaneous story elements that might not fit in the first movie, or were included in a few role-playing supplements in the 1980s. The only way in which I could have imagined there would be a Watchmen 2, is if they had originally set out to make it as two movies, with the story spread out. If they tell the Watchmen story in the first movie, what story does the second movie have to tell? They're certainly not going to be able to get Alan Moore, outspoken critic of movie adaptations of his work, to write a new story, so I've no idea what they would do. Thankfully, Wilson reports that is the sentiment of Zack Snyder and the crew as well, so hopefully, they will be able to talk the WB money people out of pursuing this horrible, horrible idea.
Source

Now I could see making the book Watchmen into 2 movies. But if they go with an original story, everyone involved should be shot.