The Cure---a few questions

Tools    

I recently saw a movie called The Cure. It was a very good movie, but I wasnt sure I understood the ending. If you arent familiar with this movie, its a story about 2 boys going on a journey for the cure for aids. Joseph Mazzello (Dexter) is the one with the aids virus. His friend is named Erik, who lives right next door. Erik's mom is a drunk and she is quite abusive and forbids Erik to hang around Dexter. Anyway...Erik ends up giving Dexter a poisonous formula from some plants and Dex goes into the hospital. He turns out to be ok though. Later on, Dex cuts himself with a knife to scare away some people they stole money from. Now my question...what is the main reason for Dexter's death? Is it because his Aids virus has already took over his body and made him weak so he died? or is it because of the poisonous plant he drank tea from? or is there another reason? anybody have some ideas?

i heard a movie called the cure, but it was asain and more of a psychological thriller than anything else its supposed to be very good, is this the same one?
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me

Now With Moveable Parts
I think Elijah Wood and the kid from Terminator 2 is in the one elusion is talking about. Am I right?

Nope, its with Joseph Mazzello (kid from Jurassic Park) and Brad Renfro. You are thinking of another movie...possibly Radio Flyer? if you want more information on 'The Cure' check out www.imdb.com and search for it.

Now With Moveable Parts
Actually, that's still the movie I was thinking of...Renfro...what was he in? The Client?

Yep, Renfro was in 'The Client'. He played the little boy. That movie was made 1 year prior to 'The Cure'. (1994 to be exact)

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I know what movie you're talking about, the cover shows Mazzello on the shoulders of Renfro. Never saw the movie though. Sorry.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

You should really see this movie. Its really good.