Stakeout a John Badham film

→ in
Tools    

Stakeout

I love this movie, yeah a lot of people think it's bad but I love it the interaction between the cops are so frickin hilirous every time there with the cops it get's better and better.John Badham directed it he has also done The Hardway,Blue Thunder,Whose Life Is It Anyway? and Nick of Time I dig his work and the projects that he's taken in the past.

Richard Dryfuss letting it lose and Emilio Estevez with that funky @ss mistash cracks me up big time. The only real weakness is when the movie takes breaks from the two main leads.The Dialogue is fonmenal the screenplay has a certain punch to it. Diffenitly one of my favorites cop/buddy/comedies movie.

It's a tough job but somebody's got to do it!

Who Says A Little Danger Can't Be A Lot Of Fun?

[Reading the police profile on Maria McGuire.]

Bill Reimers: And, the moment we've all been waiting for(Drum Beat)... 313 pounds.
Chris Lecce: 313 pounds?!
Bill Reimers: I would imagine that's fully clothed.
Chris Lecce: Oh my God, she could be the house! I hate this job!

[After watching the svelte Maria McGuire undress]

Bill Reimers: To protect and to serve.
Chris Lecce: Ooo, I love my job, I love it so much!
Bill Reimers: But I would appreciate it if you would not act like a walking hard-on while we're on the job.
Chris Lecce: Succinctly put.

Someone else has to like or dislike this movie tell me your thoughts please I really would like to know Guys & Gals Thanks.

Stakeout is a decent flick, certainly the best thing Emilo Estevez has ever done on screen. There's nothing new in it, but there are plenty of laughs, Dreyfuss is solid as always, Madeline Stowe is easy on the eyes, and the majority of the situations work. The biggest laugh for me is when Dreyfuss and Estevez are quizzing each other with movie lines to pass the time, and Dreyfuss' character is stumped by one of his lines from Jaws. For me the humor angle could have been played up even more. It's one of those movies where the plot kind of gets in the way by the last third.

After Beverly Hills Cop was such a phenomenal success, the industry kept trying to duplicate it over and over again. That mix of hysterical comedy and good genre action sequences is a very difficult trick of tone to pull off. In the case of Stakeout, I think it would have been better if played more for laughs instead of the element of real jeopardy thrown in for the finale. It's not quite as out of place as say Kindergarten Cop, but it does feel unnecessary and tacked-on to me in Stakeout. The easy comedy between these characters is the real selling point, not the police action. That stuff is better left for the Lethal Weapon and Die Hard kind of flick, which are certainly funny too, but the main focus of their plots is the action.

I'd grade Stakeout a B-, solid and amusing but nothing fantastic or new.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I totally felt that way when they were together fooling around it was played so well between the 2 guys but when it moved to something like the dream scene on the car chase and all that prison stuff at the begin it really wasn't that good and wasn't needed.

I guess I have a weakness for this movie because it was filmed very close to my house which I think is really cool so that adds a definate plus to the movie.

thanks Holden for replying