Hellboy II: The Golden Army

Tools    

I sense no depth in this upcoming sequel of the 2004 Best Make-Up Saturn Award. What say you Mofo members?

The mythical world starts a rebellion against humanity in order to rule the Earth, so Hellboy and his team must save the world from the rebellious creatures.
imdb

Cool., I would probably wait this movie., If I enjoyed the first one I hoped I will enjoy this too.,

Loved the first HELLBOY movie and I have high expectations for the sequel. After checking out the still photos, trailers, etc... I think the sequel may even be better than the first one. I'll be seeing it opening weekend, im sure.

I say the first movie was mediocre at best and making a sequel is a waste of film. Some comics and graphic novels should stay in print and never go to film IMHO. They invariably lose something in the translation.

Founding member of the Divide by Zero Foundation.

There's too much blood in my caffeine system!!

Lost in never never land
I don't expect much of anything storywise from this film, I just expect it to be a simple comic book/graphic novel film. However, from what I saw in the trailer, it does look it should be nice to see visually, and as long as it can keep itself entertaining it won't be too bad a film. The first one wasn't all that great, but it was entertaining fluff (a good popcorn film), and I don't expect much more from this one.
I wish, I wish he'd go away."
-From Identity

I saw it in December of last year at Universal, and I thought it was better than the first. I am a Hellboy fan. Same great humor, and one sweet ride.

Hellboy 2: The Golden Army

Originally Posted by Jrs
Release Date: July 11, 2008
Studio: Universal Pictures
Director: Guillermo del Toro
Screenwriter: Guillermo del Toro
Starring: Ron Perlman, Selma Blair, Luke Goss, Thomas Kretschmann, Doug Jones, Anna Walton, Brian Steele, Roy Dotrice, John Hurt
Official Website: Hellboymovie.com

Theatrical Teaser
Theatrical Trailer 1
Theatrical Trailer 2

With a signature blend of action, humor and character-based spectacle, the saga of the world's toughest, kitten-loving hero from Hell continues to unfold in "Hellboy II: The Golden Army." Bigger muscle, badder weapons and more ungodly villains arrive in an epic vision of imagination from Oscar®-nominated director Guillermo del Toro ("Pan's Labyrinth," "Hellboy").

After an ancient truce existing between humankind and the invisible realm of the fantastic is broken, hell on Earth is ready to erupt. A ruthless leader who treads the world above and the one below defies his bloodline and awakens an unstoppable army of creatures. Now, it's up to the planet's toughest, roughest superhero to battle the merciless dictator and his marauders. He may be red. He may be horned. He may be misunderstood. But when you need the job done right, it's time to call in Hellboy (Ron Perlman).

Along with his expanding team in the Bureau for Paranormal Research and Development--pyrokinetic girlfriend Liz (Selma Blair), aquatic empath Abe (Doug Jones) and protoplasmic mystic Johann--the BPRD will travel between the surface strata and the unseen magical one, where creatures of fantasy become corporeal. And Hellboy, a creature of two worlds who's accepted by neither, must choose between the life he knows and an unknown destiny that beckons him.

nice poster you have there., this could be really a fantastic movie.,

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
I cant wait .I thought the first one was one of the better comic book movies.
As did I, and I typically hate comic book movies. I thought the first Hellboy was miles above THe Hulk, or Spiderman or any of the other films released around that time.

Plus casting Ron Pearlman is always a plus.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

Hellboy 2 is a must see movie...

yeah your right., lets hope that this part 2 will really become an entertaining movie.,

Just watched Hellboy after I read this thread the 1st time, it is really frackin awesome and from the coverage Empire have given it , it seems that this sequel will go far beyond the 1st in terms of scope and action.

I hope that thing too., I expected more creatures and a lot o f actions.,

Just watched the new trailers and this movie will be one of the best SFX movies this year. I'm fully convenced that the storyline plus the intense action will make this movie even better than the first, and I'm hoping for a few more sequels before its all said and done...

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
Anything with Del Toro on board gets my vote.
Looking forward to the sequel, the first one had a great mix of fantasy, action and humour.

Toga, toga, toga......

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Wabam!

Movie Forums Extra
HELLBOY II TRAILER PAGE

This trailer page has the higher definition trailers. I am wondering something. The flame on the young lady was blue in the first one, and orange in the second one. Are they going to explain why that is in the movie, or just gloss over it?

i never saw the first one, but after seeing the trailers in the movie theatres for this movie, it made me want to get the first one on netflix and give this upcoming one a shot

-Hattori Hanzo